Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kazaa

Options
  • 27-11-2002 9:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭

(apologies if not forum worthy but tis the closest i could find)

[angry, nay furious rant]

Participation level is currently at Guru - 296 but still getting pants downloads. I know it isn't my modem because i get class speeds downloading off the internet. However with Kazaa, i find 2.7kb/s and lower on a cable connection is not acceptable. It's down right pants.

Is it a poor quality server that is given to irish users or whats the problem?

Anyone else experiencing this? 'Tis really pissing me off. I have to be sitting at it constantly clicking "find more sources" to get an any way decent speed. I can't be doing that for .avis of 600+MB!!

Just on a slightly related note, does anyone know of any crack or add on to forbid non sharing punks (ie p.l. of 0) from uploading off you?

[/angry, nay furious rant]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭Drazhar

i only have ISDN connection, but when i have the two channels going, i can get 15kbs, once got 20kbs, no idea what teh hell was going on.

It depends on what your downloading, and its popularity. You might be d/l'ing a file only one person has, and all they have is an ISDN connection

Dont know of any crack for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

check below :D

fileshare is new and i clock 7 - 8k a sec off of a modem while connected to a t1/t3

not too many users yet but plenty of films etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Chances are you will get in trouble for having that in your sig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭LizardKing

Kazaalite has no spyware and has an accelerator add-on which is a macro based program that automatically checks for more sources every few seconds... can save lots of endless clicking

nice

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

use Emule once it gets going i have got up to 100KB + on it.

I hate Kazaa cos of the sharing at 15kb and getting at 1.
    Dont mind sharing at the same speed im sending.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

kazaa lite 2 has a feature where you can stop sharing files completly
    and if it is kazaa lite 2 you u are using theres a cheater program availible - dont have a url to hand - it fakes you uploading loads of stuff and u can get a user rating of 1000 in seconds

also - to get the best speed from kazaa i end up just downloading about 10 things at a time to max my bandwidth and they wlll eventually come down - its slower but more efficient :confused:

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I'm not sure what way the servers are worked together, but try and download something, anything from a Swedish user (them with the mad high UL rates) and see if you can get decent speeds (100k+), then look for more files from same user and so on. It's a bit roundabout, but you'll eventually hit on a machine with 800 trillion downlaodable files at 200k/sec.
    Try using some Swedish words in your searches (och, den, etc.)
    in order to establish contact.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

Originally posted by Strat
    kazaa lite 2 has a feature where you can stop sharing files completly

the older versions have that aswell

Advertisement