Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gamesworld Store

Options
  • 27-11-2002 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭

One of these places just opened in Ennis. Very GAME like except more console orientated and the GC and XBox get better shelf space.

It's Irish owned.. the games are reasonably priced. I think I'll be shopping there in future. The 2nd hand games selection isn't any good yet but its a new store so thats to be expected.

Anybody else had any dealings with the company yet? Have they been around in other counties for a while?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭chernobyl

Originally posted by BLITZ_Molloy
    Have they been around in other counties for a while?

Do you get out much?
    Newbridge Store Opening this Friday!
    Our tenth store is opening this Friday in Newbridge, Co. Kildare. It will feature Kildare's largest range of games, consoles, peripherals and DVD movies. You can find it at The Courtyard Shopping Centre, opposite Lidl, on Main Street, Newbridge.

www.gamesworld.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

One of these places just opened in Ennis. Very GAME like except more console orientated and the GC and XBox get better shelf space.

It's Irish owned.. the games are reasonably priced. I think I'll be shopping there in future. The 2nd hand games selection isn't any good yet but its a new store so thats to be expected.

Anybody else had any dealings with the company yet? Have they been around in other counties for a while?

yeah they're very good, they'll always knock a few quid off if you're getting a couple of games and stuff, and besides they are the only place really that give you cash on your trade in if you want,

they have been around for ages i remember going into their first ever shop in dublin years ago , recently the last two years they have exploded business wise and have near 10 shops open now all over ireland

they also own another company , a distribution company E.I. software, who i might add were the official distributor for eidos well when i worked with them anyway ;)

www.gamesworld.com

you don't get out much either ,

its also www.gamesworld.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭conZ

lmao, last saturday when they were setting the store (ennis) up for opening, the nacks were around and robbed a load of boxes inc. GBA's, ps2 games, dvd's etc etc.
    nice store though, bit empty for the moment, only shelves of games. No accessories yet :)

BTW where would bethe best place in Ennis/Limerick to get a PS2 repaired? Friend needs his done quickly (well before xmas) but threw out his warrranty card last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

I bought my ps1 in Gamesworld on Middle Abbey Street(or was it lower?)

Must be a good 6-7 years ago?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

remember the first store at the back of chapters.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,980 ✭✭✭meglome

Originally posted by DiscoStu

yeah had nearly forgotten about that, I'm getting old!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

Originally posted by Celt
    I bought my ps1 in Gamesworld on Middle Abbey Street(or was it lower?)

Must be a good 6-7 years ago?

Yeah, now that you mention it. I got my PS1 in the very same shop on the day of release. Headed up to GAME on Grafton St. to buy Wipeout. Ah, the memories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

I was an idiot to sell Wipeout. That game was worth keeping for the soundtrack alone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

Newbridge Store Opening this Friday!
    Our tenth store is opening this Friday in Newbridge, Co. Kildare. It will feature Kildare's largest range of games, consoles, peripherals and DVD movies. You can find it at The Courtyard Shopping Centre, opposite Lidl, on Main Street, Newbridge.

That place is literally right beside my school and its taking an annoying long time to get set up, looks good tho and Ill be interested to see the prices (AoM here I come:))

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,376 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I almost sold Gunstar Heroes a few years ago. Thankgod I didn't. It's worth a fortune now. Well not really cos some bast*rd stole it on me. If I ever see them again I'll kill them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

gamesworld are a bit of a gyp when it comes to pre owned games.
    i sold a few of my old ps1 games, they offered me 5 yoyo store credit each, or 3.50 cash.

i looked at the rack next week only to see the same games being sold for 13 squid.
    not sure what they're like with games for any of the next gen consoles tho

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I was an idiot to sell Wipeout. That game was worth keeping for the soundtrack alone.

I've got the Wipeout soundtrack blowing bass in my Car :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Well I think 5euro for PS1 games is fine. The things will never sell so a 8euro markup seems reasonable enough. The only games people ever trade in are the rubbish ones; the rest they keep and play on their PS2.

I've got about 6 PS1 games I never play. I'd certainly swop them for 30euro off a new title.. only problem is the boxes and manuals are long gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

we got a gamesworld shop here in clonmel now, tho there arnt many 2nd hand games there yet. i remember bringing up a bag of ps1 and n64 games to trade into their liffey st. shop in dublin a few times. tis easier now.

Originally posted by DiscoStu

i used to run that on sundays for months

Originally posted by tman
    gamesworld are a bit of a gyp when it comes to pre owned games.
    i sold a few of my old ps1 games, they offered me 5 yoyo store credit each, or 3.50 cash.

i looked at the rack next week only to see the same games being sold for 13 squid.

ohhh they must be evil capitalists :D

fine!, maybe they're not so bad after all

Originally posted by tman
    fine!, maybe they're not so bad after all

Maybe they did actually screw you but there you go.. the capitalist system. With second hand games you need to be cautious, you could easily end up with a ton of stuff you couldn't get rid of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Yeah It's nice if you want some cheapo second hand psone games. I might pick up the first silent hill because it's in the GW in waterford for 11.99. I think I saw Wipeout for 9 euros too.

FF7 is in there for 11.99 too - which is a bargain if I've ever seen one. Although a second hand game with 3 discs might be a bit dodgy. Especially FF7 - if theres one game you don't want stopping half way through it its that.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Swifty
    Yeah It's nice if you want some cheapo second hand psone games. I might pick up the first silent hill because it's in the GW in waterford for 11.99. I think I saw Wipeout for 9 euros too.

FF7 is in there for 11.99 too - which is a bargain if I've ever seen one. Although a second hand game with 3 discs might be a bit dodgy. Especially FF7 - if theres one game you don't want stopping half way through it its that.

got a copy of silent hill from them a few weeks ago.
    classic game, but the copy i got was scratched to bits, looked like someone had been using it to cut their coke on or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

Really? Hmm.. that's lame. I would have given it back. Okay it's a second hand game but they really should check to see if the CD hasnt been jabbed with rusty nails before letting someone trade it in. Don't think I'll bother now actually.

Advertisement