Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you're feeling bored.......

Options
  • 28-11-2002 12:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭

........have a rant at the council. : http://www.corkcoco.com/cccmm/contactus/index.htm

It doesn't matter what about - they're ****e at everything. I was driving to Buttevant the other day and I swear there wasn't an inch of level road in the place. The whole road from Shannon was bad, but Buttevant was ****ing awful. Every time I thought "This is a disgrace, I can't believe the road is this bad.", it would get worse.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

nice one.. I think I'll have a rant about roads too.... damn potholes in the city are about a foot deep...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Ahh - if it's the city you have to moan at the corporation, but they did include the mayor in the 'other contacts' somewhere.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Ahh - if it's the city you have to moan at the corporation

No such thing anymore my man. Don't you know that we've rebranded to "Cork City Council"? How trendy.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Driving through Buttevant is a bit of an experience all right. I used do it a lot but I've been going home less since September.

Take a close look at the road you're going over as you go through the village - every single shop seems to have a recently filled trough going to it (don't know whether it's phone/gas/etc) from another one in the middle of the road - every single one! (and that's not the worst part of it - that honour is reserved for the bumpy bit as you first enter the village from the Cork side)

I presume the excuse from the CoCo will be that they're bypassing the place "soon" (last I heard no-one could agree which side of the place the road was going to be built. Of course now we're poor again it'll never be done)

"Cork City Council"? How nice. No more ranting about "de corpo" then:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

if you're going to moan about something in the city, moan about that damn drainage scheme that's taking donkeys to finish!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

All to the greater good sjones.

adam

I don't think it'll every work because of abject incompetence. I was driving down the street last week while it was pissing rain, and the water was flowing around every single drain. If they can't get that simple ****ing thing right, what hope have they.

Didn't they also announce last year that it was £60 milion (yes, that's pounds) over budget? Or was it £80? I bet it's a least €150 by now, and Blackpool is still aptly named.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭DamienH

About the ptholes. I was walking through the South Douglas road to school ( as i do everyday) and during that fierce bad weather last week i think i saw six hubcaps that had come off cars becuase of one big m*therf*cking othole. Twas pretty funny to watch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

It's not just for sewers, it's supposed to provide drains and run-offs so the city centre won't flood. I'm not sure if it extends to Blackpool, but you'd think with all the work they've done there recently, they could have put in some flood protection.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

I thought it was to prevent schools of mullet choking on túrds every time someone flushes the can.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement