Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sig

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,564 ✭✭✭Typedef

I just love this reoccuring thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Jesus that's unbelievably pathetic Ryo. Why don't you just come right out with it and ask if you can lick Dev's arsé?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭BioHazRd

Originally posted by Dr. Loon
    Jesus that's unbelievably pathetic Ryo. Why don't you just come right out with it and ask if you can lick Dev's arsé?

methinks that would be Clouds arse tbh:p

Bio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by Dr. Loon

Shut up Loon! Animated sigs are hurtful and bad. That one is three times the size of Ryo's own 3k sig.

Ryo is merely doing it for the good of boards. And what's good for boards is good for you. So stop whinging and fighting da power and go find some nasty sig rules violating scum instead.

Ok?

/me wipes the brown stains off of face

*ahem*

Persil non-biological....
    It slices, it dices and drops pizza on mutant rat's heads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Originally posted by amp
    Shut up Loon! Animated sigs are hurtful and bad. That one is three times the size of Ryo's own 3k sig.

Ryo is merely doing it for the good of boards. And what's good for boards is good for you. So stop whinging and fighting da power and go find some nasty sig rules violating scum instead.

Ok?

/me wipes the brown stains off of face

*ahem*

Apologies Amp. I know see the error of my ways, I bow down to the powah!
    Ryo... forgive me for my insulting words*

*arsé licker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,502 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Are these kosher?
    effect.jpg
    sigimg.jpg

Well as they are not pig products, most likely they are.

In terms of do they break the signature rules, well no they don't:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=60479

Are you lazy or pedantic Victor?

Originally posted by amp
    Well as they are not pig products, most likely they are.
    Ah, but they might be fowl! ;)
    Originally posted by amp
    In terms of do they break the signature rules, well no they don't:

Are you lazy or pedantic Victor?
    Ah, hadn't noticed the height had been changed. /me is uninformed, lazy and pedantic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

on the subject of sigs:

i realise i'm probably in the minority here, but i find adnans' current signature (the one with the half-naked woman and a large gun) really quite offensive. i'm sure i can't be the only one who's annoyed by it! am i?????

i realise i *could* turn off sigs, but it's the only one that bothers me at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

Ryo is merely doing it for the good of boards

Damn Right, I try to make a contribution to the smooth running of the site and what do I get? Abuse!

In fairness I tried to compress my sig as much as possible and I plan to make it even smaller than its tiny 3k size.

Fine, Even if i see a monsterous 3000kb p0rno-animated GIF in a sig im not gonna say anything.

Is this how people always get rewarded for trying help?
    No-wonder the countrys in such a state.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭Littletinyman

I'm fully behind amp and Ryo Hazuki on this one - the stuff people think they can get away with in their signatures these days, oh I just don't know. Animated gifs here, jpegs with larger-than-necessary dimensions there. Down with this sort of thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭pro_gnostic_8

Seriously, why did the dancing chicken above stop doing the funky chicken all of a sudden? I woz mesmerized looking at him for the last 20 minutes and then he just ............stopped! Mr Jackson is still dancing. I'm not too tech savvy 'bout these things. But I know what I like, and I loved that dancing chicken.
    Was he censored or summat?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭pro_gnostic_8

Oh, it's OK now. He's dancing again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,299 ✭✭✭oeNeo

Originally posted by beardedchicken
    on the subject of sigs:

i realise i'm probably in the minority here, but i find adnans' current signature (the one with the half-naked woman and a large gun) really quite offensive. i'm sure i can't be the only one who's annoyed by it! am i?????

i realise i *could* turn off sigs, but it's the only one that bothers me at all.

Half-naked woman?! Heavens forbid!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭El Marco

I think just to be policaly correct and to satisfy the insulted amungst us a half naked man should be added to that sig.

• Subscribers Posts: 4,419 ✭✭✭PhilipMarlowe

Originally posted by Ryo Hazuki
    Damn Right, I try to make a contribution to the smooth running of the site and what do I get? Abuse!

Maybe you should re-read the bit about how "you can't have both text and images" in your sig before your next bout of do-goodism....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Originally posted by Licksy20
    Maybe you should re-read the bit about how "you can't have both text and images" in your sig before your next bout of do-goodism....

Where's this that it says you can't have both text and images in your sig, then?

[ guidelines ]

ah right... it doesn't

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Originally posted by Bard
    Where's this that it says you can't have both text and images in your sig, then?

[ guidelines ]

ah right... it doesn't
    Okay, there are a lot of BIG signatures appearing so I am reposting the guidelines in a more prominent place.

Since we have enabled images in people's signatures, I would like to suggest the following guidelines be strictly followed in order to ensure that your signature image does not impede the enjoyment of others.

All signatures should not exceed the following size limits, and you can't have both text and images.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

Originally posted by El Marco
    I think just to be policaly correct and to satisfy the insulted amungst us a half naked man should be added to that sig.

i'm not trying to be politically correct, i just don't really enjoy looking at some other chick's snatch!!!!!

i'm not trying to be politically correct, i just don't really enjoy looking at some other chick's snatch!!!!!
    But Adnans sig has a pic of a MG-42! You mean you look past the MG-42??!?!?!?!? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

i dont like it either, its way too big, im more accustomed to 180 x 83 size images. also, its advertising weapons as a sex toy, which in this world we should have less of.

do you have anything against breasts?

adnans

do you have anything against breasts?

If I say the right sort of amourous things over dinner or drinks perhaps.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Typedef that has to be the worst play on words I've ever witnessed. I think I can hear Shakespeare spinning in his grave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

Ironic almost, after all this Shagus still has an animated sig!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Apologies for being slow on this one... Ryo is right to report stuff we need to stay on top of spammers and animated sigs etc and that takes diligence.

Ryo, there are 6500 active posters on this board system, not all of them are going to agree with you if you said "1+1=2".

As with EVERYTHING on boards.ie the "rules" are really guidelines. If the almighty Cake tells me that someones sig is out of order, I'll snip it. If they have a line of text and an image I will probably become more interesting in my navel. Its fascinating you know. Though there is no guaruntee of that.

Adnans... you know what you have to do...

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Originally posted by DeVore
    Apologies for being slow on this one... Ryo is right to report stuff we need to stay on top of spammers and animated sigs etc and that takes diligence.

Ryo, there are 6500 active posters on this board system, not all of them are going to agree with you if you said "1+1=2".

As with EVERYTHING on boards.ie the "rules" are really guidelines. If the almighty Cake tells me that someones sig is out of order, I'll snip it. If they have a line of text and an image I will probably become more interesting in my navel. Its fascinating you know. Though there is no guaruntee of that.

Adnans... you know what you have to do...

DeV.
    Bring back the joystick?

• Advertisement

adnans signatures are quality pieces of art. Steeped in sensuality and irony. Censoring them would be wrong.

Advertisement