Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MP3 Software

• 28-11-2002 9:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭

I wasn't sure where this should be posted so feel free to move it Mods.
    Is anybody aware of software for "normalising" the volume of MP3s? You know the deal, you cue up a list of tracks to play and invariably some are quieter and some are louder, particularly annoying when you burn a cd.
    If there is no such program would converting to another format and then back to MP3 do the trick or will the volume differences remain?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Originally posted by milltown
    I wasn't sure where this should be posted so feel free to move it Mods.
    Is anybody aware of software for "normalising" the volume of MP3s? You know the deal, you cue up a list of tracks to play and invariably some are quieter and some are louder, particularly annoying when you burn a cd.
    If there is no such program would converting to another format and then back to MP3 do the trick or will the volume differences remain?

cool edit pro??
    here
    ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

A snip at $249.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meh

Originally posted by milltown
    software for "normalising" the volume of MP3s
    http://www.geocities.com/mp3gain/ looks like exactly what you need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

Most of the Ripping/Encoding programs have built in Normalisation. I'm sure some will also work on existing mp3's.

FOr this kind of stuff I always go to download.com and sort by user rating.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,022 ✭✭✭Wossack

You can normalise with Nero....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 437 ✭✭Spunj

Try Musicmatch jukebox - http://www.musicmatch.com . It has those kind of features.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Macker

Audio grabber....and take hussey's advise

Macker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭milltown

Cheers lads!

Advertisement