Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Memory for the iMac online

Options
  • 28-11-2002 10:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

I found a website in the states (RamJet) which was selling the user memory for the flat panel imac for $79 for 512k. Unfortunately, they wont deliver to Europe. I tried the mac site and a few others, and it seems to cost about €280 for the same thing :confused: ?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭TrickyKid

Go to
    crucial.com

And take the "international" option.

One thing though, for the flatpanel Imacs you need to use 144-pin SODIMM for the user accessible memory (it's more expensive then the 168 Dim)

From crucial 512 MB of the 144 pin sodimm is £90 STG plus £5 STG shipping.

That works out at about 160 Euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Scottish

Thanks for that.

Saw their site already, and will probablt buy there. Such a pity that RamJet dont do delivery here - that price was for the 144 pin user memory!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭TrickyKid

really? that's damn cheap so.

If you do use crucial, let us know how you get on, I've been tempted to use them a few times and not bitten the bullet!

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭timod

I bought 256mb for my iMac G3 about 18 months ago from crucial. No problems at all. Would recommed them.

Tim

Advertisement