Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how will i get rolling stones tickets for vicar street

• 28-11-2002 10:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭

i have heard the rolling stones are playing vicar street (new and disimproved) in january. what do you think the best way is to get tickets to this gig which will surely sell out in a flash?
    anybody have unknown outlets to getting them?
    i remember when U2 played slane my friends sister was in england and ordered tickets for it in england hours after it had sold out here. i also got tickets for the manic street preachers before they were meant to be on sale. i did a search by venue on ticketmaster rather than by band. when i searched by band it said they still werent on sale, i got them by venue.
    i have also heard of people ringing the night before the various U2 concerts were meant to go on sale and getting tickets, sounds like they were testing out the phone networks.

any more tips or tricks?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

vicar st is not dissimproved, its much better this way!
    all u can do is do yer best, if ur too late-ur too late

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭Seraphina

you probably wont:p
    good luck tho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

"vicar st is not dissimproved, its much better this way!"
    with old style crammed together cinema seats? you cant bring drink into the venue if it is seated. and since there is no slope on the ground for the seats (like a cimema) you cant see much of the stage (which is way too low). it used to be brilliant with the stuck down tables and chairs. you could get up and always have an easy exit during a gig even at the very front. now the whole row has to get up to let people out. it is still a good venue but thats not saying much for the other places!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

the only thing that's changed is the addition of extra rows. its still the same! unless you were there for pat short-in which case, pat short himself didnt want drink being brought into the venue, and yes, the seats were fairly annoying. but in all other shows its the same as it always was except for extra space in the blocks and more tables. drinks are allowed in the venue except for glass containers (bottles, glasses etc) during stand up gigs.

Advertisement