Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is everyones favorite wine?

• 28-11-2002 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭

Mine would have to be

Concha y Toro Sunrise Chardonnay.
    Its not too sweet or strong, goes down very easily.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

It's a close call but the finish looks something like this-

1st- Chateu Leoville Poyferré (Bordeux)
    2nd- Chassagne Montrachet (Burgundy)
    3rd- Clos De Pape (Has to be Paul Avril), Burgundy

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

I wouldnt really know many wines, but i've been known to swallow a couple a bottles of Lambrusco tho....

its really easy to drink...
    oh and its cheap as chips. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Red : Chateau Musar

White : Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc

Having said which, I'm not sure I should even call them favourites, cause in any particular setting (with food, location, and weather all figuring into it) I might go for something completely different.

jc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

the one made from grapes

ohh
    sorry :)

white

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,529 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

I'm currently very partial to a Spanish (red) wine, sold in Superquinn for about €8.50..
    It's Vina Albali Gran Reserva ~1995.
    Very tasty..

Less in-expensive (and thus less drunk), Chateau Neuf de Pape.
    Superb stuff...

• Advertisement

Originally posted by bonkey
    Red : Chateau Musar

White : Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc

I like your style. Can you do me a favour and tell me where one can get ones hands on the elusive Cloudy Bay Sav Blanc? It rates as my fav white (Along with Waireau River, another Marlborough Valley) but I havent had any in years and havent a clue where to get it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

Bougalais Village (spelling?)
    I'm picking up on some of meh dads habits....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭krankykitty

All of those Torres wines are gorgeous..

Sangre y Toro ( i think thats what its called, the one with the plastic bull on the side), Red
    Vina Sol (white)
    San Valentin(white)

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭xern

BLack Tower. It's damn nice with a chinese!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

Originally posted by Kell
    I like your style. Can you do me a favour and tell me where one can get ones hands on the elusive Cloudy Bay Sav Blanc? It rates as my fav white (Along with Waireau River, another Marlborough Valley) but I havent had any in years and havent a clue where to get it.

only a certain amount of cloudy bay comes into ireland each year with only certain off-licences allocated bottles... it keeps up this whole "wine of the people in the know" thing...well thats my opinion... it just seems like a wine to drop the name of to me... it also retails at over €20 a bottle which is mighty expensive to be drinking on a regular basis

dampsquid did you see that they've stopped making the sunrise chardonnay you mentioned, not stopped as such but stopped the name 'sunrise' being used

its now an orange label with just concha y toro chardonnay on it, i think instead of 'sunrise' its 'copper gold' or something... same wine but diff. packaging, i think its suicide myself because it was such a popular wine

personally, my fave wine is santa rita 120 sauv. blanc
    i always enjoy it and its nice and cheap, €8.95

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

i forgot to say , you'd probs be best off waiting for next years batch to be delivered before looking for cloudy bay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Originally posted by Kell

I found it occasionally in Oddbins on Baggot St, I think, but mostly it was from a wine shop in Galway where my sis got it for me. Not even sure of the shop, Im afraid, but I think its over Salthill way.

I'm not in Ireland at the mo, Im doing a stint in Switzerland, and I've vounf two shops that stick it regularly, at about 60% of the irish cost... so Im happy :)

Oddbins also stock a wine called Clifford Bay which is actually pretty close to Couldy Bay in style. Worth checking out if they have it.

jc

Thanks Bonkey and Polarbelly. Another lil gem if any of you have tried it, is the Brown Brothers Tarrango. It's something along the lines of a Sancerre Rouge, drunk chilled and deliciously fruity. Their Chenin Blanc kicks ass as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭Runfree

Mine is the one that cost like 500 euro a bottle they always taste good.

Advertisement