Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

addicted to sex

• 27-11-2002 12:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Can anyone tell me if this is normal??
    after having sex im ready to go again straight away wheter or not i have orgasmed.
    i pretty much think about it 24/7 and i would love to have it 24/7 !
    i have a really high sex drive snd am just wondering is this just a phase or will i be a sex maniac for the rest of my life!!!???
    what makes things worse is my boyfriend broke up with me 3 weeks ago and as much as i miss him i miss the sex too!!
    and i think im startin to fall for one of the guys in my class in college but its not for love or a relationship. i pretty much just want a one night stand with him or whenever we both get a lil bit horny just meet up for a sh*ag with no strings attatched!
    is this normal for a girl to think like this??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

It happens to a lot of people but please be careful with STD's.

(I'm sure this will tempt many people here so... lads keep it on topic please!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭hedgetrimmer

Keeping on topic :-)

There is really no "normal" anymore, society is chaning so fast, and it is more and more common for people to take control over their own pleasures and act on them whenever they can. As long as no-one gets hurt, there is no problem.

So rather than asking if it is normal, if you are happy with it, then cool, it's merely part of you. Obviously, as Gordon says, be safe, but after that, the only boundaries are the ones you set.

Be you, and be happy. One nights stands can be great as long as you keep your head , body and soul intact

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

different people have different libidos.

for example, i only think about sex while im awake. when im asleep i dream of it.

theres is absolutely nothing wrong with a healthy interest in sex. i think everyone goes through certain phases of wanting to do different things to different people and just experimenting.

i think we all have our own little idiosyncrasies and fetishes that we get off on, and we all have things that we find distasteful. find out early what you like, and you will be a happier person :)

just remember that some people arent as open minded and as others and you will tend to be judged on your actions, so either keep a low profile, or be prepared to be called a slut.

after all, i was official slut of the year for DCU in 95 :)
    but then again, i did deserve it ;)

YEAH BABY!

course, im better now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

I am going for the slut of the year title myself this year!
    I have 5 sexy ladies at the minute!!
    But back to the topic!!
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with an appite(can't spell) for sex but like the others said be very very careful and be prepared to be called a slut cause thats what narrow minded people do.......go around labelling everyone else simply cause they don't have a life of their own!!
    If you can't be good be good at it!!1
    hehehehe
    HOPE TO SEE YOU ARE!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kell

It's always been my experience that women are up for it straight after the deed. In fact once started it's difficult to ge them to stop, so I would say that based on personal experience it's fairly normal. So as Hedgtrimmer says, if you're happy with it, cool. Anyways, if you're ever short of a Sh** then I am sure that there are plenty of boards visitors that would happily oblige.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

Peaches2167, if you ever feel like this dont hesitate in giving me a call, just pm me your statistics, ta.

Caesar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

I think that labelling anyone a slut is contemptible, and I would never tolerate it or even think of doing it.

But I just wanted to say something.

Why is it that everyone assumes that promiscuous sex (with protection) isn't harmful? I really think that it is.

It's one thing having a high sex drive. You either do or you don't and there's not much you can do to change it. But you completely have choices in your behaviour.

I don't believe that simply because you're horny a lot you should go looking for casual sex any time you want it.

I'm not moralising. I don't know much about it in terms of men, but the women my age (early twenties or thereabouts) who are promiscuous are all a little depressed and insecure and looking for affection and closeness, and affirmation that they are attractive.

I'm not saying that they think the guys love them, or that they don't enjoy the actual sex, but afterwards, they feel empty and somewhat cheap. And yet they repeat the experience time and again and they never fill that void. It's a vicious cycle that is perpetrated a lot by the idea in society that if you're horny, just go for it. "Have fun and be safe!!!"

I just don't agree.

So to the person who started this thread (who I also think is obscurely trying to reassure the world that she is attractive and gets some - congrats, by the way) I would say, learn to control your desires a little better.

Have sex with the person you respect and love most. You are only screwing yourself up emotionally (excuse the pun), and you may (I'm not saying definitively that you will) regret your promiscuity when you fall in love.

If all your sexual experiences are with people you care deeply for, then they mean so much more and are such a lot of fun. In my opinion, it's something that is worth waiting for.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭brainstorm

i agree with everything that ppl have said previously, can relate to what your saying in that when i broke up, i was mad for it and wanted it all the time couldnt get it out of my head., reason.......... i had become accustomed to getting it when i wanted it and now that i couldnt i thought about and wanted sex more... its like d old saying, u want what u cant have!.... if u know what i mean! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

For a guy having a high sex drive is considered normal.
    But if your a girl you get told a lot of stuff about how your not ment to want it as much or as often as a guy does.

Well that is utter B0llix imho.

Yes the only way to get a decent steady diet of good sex is in a realationship. That way you can train'em ;)

As for being an ever ready bunny , thats what multiple orgasams are about . And it's not a bad thing no not at all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭MrScruff

Your after reminding me to download Addidas by Korn
    Nice one! i knew there was something i wanted to download!
    ....ALL DAY I DREAM ABOUT SEEEXXX!!!.....
    laters

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

No, you're not a sex maniac; you're just a young woman who's realised that she's not in the convent school anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

I agree with neuro-praxis there, spot on. Nothing wrong with wanting sex alot, or being horny - it also doesn't mean you have to act on it all the time, with meaningless sex.

Course most blokes on here will think you're a "well cool burd" for wantin sex all the time. Just look at poor caesarbojangle there!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Peaches2167

I just wanted to add that i have only slept with one person and that was with my ex boyfriend. he was my very first but we had a great sex life and we experimented a lot.

the other thing i would like to clear up is that i am NOT a slut, as i have just proved above and i have not had as many partners as some people. im very clear about safe sex and i always use protection hence im on the pill and i always use a condom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

That's great! Well done! Here, have a party popper and go celebrate how great you are.
    No need to start a NEW THREAD about it (and not even reference what thread you were originally talking about). You're just asking for trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Maybe you should just go buy a fu<king dildo instead of putting yourself at risk of disease and getting a bad name for yourself...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

You could've just replied in the original thread.
    You also have now proved that you make little to no sense....
    You're a sex maniac yet you've only slept with one person!?!? :confused:
    Can you explain better!?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭rachel

Originally posted by Peaches2167
    whenever we both get a lil bit horny just meet up for a sh*ag with no strings attatched

Imo, not a very good idea, especially if as you stated in your other post, your last boyfriend was the only guy you've ever slept with and you've only just broken up with him.
    One night stands can be fine, that really depends on the individual but I don't know if it's possible to have sex with someone numberous times with ''no strings attached''.

Ahh the penny drops. Again, and I can only speak from personal experience, most people that I have come across (pardoning the pun) that have recently lost their flower, gag for it constantly. It's a case of "This is deadly. Why did I spend so long waiting? What strange and exotic instruments of pleasure can I put in there? I want more, and more tomorrow, and I want daily increases of 15%. And you had better listen carefully because the demands will have changed tomorrow. More I tell you".

Once again, in my view this is perfectly normal.

Bring it on girl-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭kirn

most people go through that stage. theres nothing wrong with it. but people who love having a lot sex and one night stands are usualy lacking something.

when i was depressed a few years back i had a load of one nighters. i ended up afraid i had got girls pregnant because i couldn't remember with who or when.

anyway, being a sex maniac or whatever can leave you vunerable to being used.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

Originally posted by Kell
    I want more, and more tomorrow, and I want daily increases of 15%. And you had better listen carefully because the demands will have changed tomorrow. More I tell you".

i heard something like that on a billy connolly video once....

Originally posted by thedrowner
    i heard something like that on a billy connolly video once....

Well spotted- my plaguerism is out. I couldn't remember the full context of the speech so pardon my improvisation. I think it went along the lines of-

"We'll have some of that, more of this, plenty of that, and you'd better listen up because the demands will have changed tomorrow"

Pity. Striding up and down and frantically gesticulating doesnt pack the same punch as I write it. Tsk tsk.

Originally posted by kirn
    but people who love having a lot sex and one night stands are usualy lacking something.

I think it's unfair to label people as missing something in their lives because the want to F*** lots. As Kirn said "When I was depressed". What happens if Peaches doesnt feel depressed, she just likes to f*** lots? I remember when I was young and more handsome than I am now, I went through about a year of F*****g like a bunny. Everything in sight (save for the leg of the table). Was I missing something inside? NO. Was I depressed? NO How did I feel? FULFILLED

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 528 ✭✭✭kirn

Originally posted by Kell
    I think it's unfair to label people as missing something in their lives because the want to F*** lots. As Kirn said "When I was depressed". What happens if Peaches doesnt feel depressed, she just likes to f*** lots? I remember when I was young and more handsome than I am now, I went through about a year of F*****g like a bunny. Everything in sight (save for the leg of the table). Was I missing something inside? NO. Was I depressed? NO How did I feel? FULFILLED

yeah.. i suppose thats true.. but i was feeling bad this is how i dealt with it. got drunk and shagged people. not that i'm saying i'm great, its funny, i'd love to be with half the people i was with during that stage, i've hit a complete barren patch!

but i think it is true that sometimes people mistake sex for love, and therefore do it to feel better...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭lili

nothing wrong with that peaches:)
    and if you're in the same disposition when you will get married, your husband will be the happiest man of the world and + it's the sinne qua none condition to have a succesful mariage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭The Reaper

Originally posted by lili
    nothing wrong with that peaches:)
    and if you're in the same disposition when you will get married, your husband will be the happiest man of the world and + it's the sinne qua none condition to have a succesful mariage.

ILL BACK TAT UP TOTALLY!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭lili

Originally posted by The Reaper
    ILL BACK TAT UP TOTALLY!

:confused:
    what does that mean?
    means you agree?:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Originally posted by lili
    :confused:
    what does that mean?
    means you agree?:)