Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Timetable system

Options
  • 28-11-2002 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭

Hi I've been given the task of developing a program that will carry out automatic timetable allocations. I'm writing in C++ as it's my main language.

Just wondering has anyone got any algorithms or has anyone done this type of program before and can help me out. I think I'm going to use files to store the data.

Any help would be be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a million

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

I've some ideas but I'd like to see what you have in mind first :) What sort of data structures (arrays, etc.) are you thinking of using? Have you thought about all of the conditions a valid timetable must specify.

It's good to sketch these things out on paper to get them out of your head. Makes room for more thinking. You might be surprised to learn that fully qualified programmers spend the rest of their working time drawing boxes, circles and lines.

Advertisement