Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

NTL Customer Service

• 28-11-2002 1:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭

Just been 2 weeks without cable TV. When I contacted them to find out what progress was being made I was told that a number of internal appointments had been made but none had been completed. Despite this NTL have asked me to wait in between 1 and 6pm on a wednesday of next week for a technician to call. (A tech has already called by - unannounced - but couldn't gain entry)

Apparently, they can't make definite appointments because they no longer provide mobile phones to their field staff and have no way of finding out if they are delayed on a job. Imagine a telecommunications company in the 21st century that can't communicate with their field technicians!!!

I have asked for a phone call from NTL to explain the situation - I spent 30 min on hold when contacting them - but nobody calls. Nobody signs their name to any of the e-mails that I have received.

Anybody else have similar experiences with this appaling customer service? I hope NTL like UTV take a read of these pages from time to time.

P.S. - Anybody else in Marino, D3 without cable?!?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭EL_Diablo

I would say most ntl customers around here have had bad experiences with their customer service. especially being told to wait between certain hours and the technichan turning up like a week late. That and the being put on hold.I think our house just got lucky. They only had to ring 3 times and stay in for 2 days in a row for someone to come. I have heard of a lot worse. Hope all goes well and you get your cable soon anyway.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Originally posted by BrianD
    Apparently, they can't make definite appointments because they no longer provide mobile phones to their field staff and have no way of finding out if they are delayed on a job. Imagine a telecommunications company in the 21st century that can't communicate with their field technicians!!!

They contract out all their service calls and have to rely on the contract company providing enough appointments. At the moment there are feck all appointments made available. It's rediculous that they don't have their own technicians. Also the reason they won't give a definite time is because the technicians refuse to call ahead to say what time. I've had plenty of experience of NTL's useless customer services.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Well, I decided to make contact with the ODTR. They said send on a complaint along with your account details.

In the interest of fairness, I decided to give NTL and warn them that I was going to take up the issue with the ODTR.

I got an instant response to my e-mail!! A chap called me and scheduled an appointment for Saturday morning. When challenged he didn't put up much arguement to my comments and agreed with me ... said that things would be changing soon.

As it happens, I decided to do my own investigation around the building and it appears that somebody has disconnected the cable to my apartment (yes, I am and have always been a fully paid up customer) but there is some odd ball connection on the junction box that prevents a proper connection.

Irrespective of the fault, their service has been pretty appaling. Imagine if I was relying on their telephony services?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭David C

Originally posted by BrianD
    Apparently, they can't make definite appointments because they no longer provide mobile phones to their field staff and have no way of finding out if they are delayed on a job.

I thought ntl used two way radios.. or if they don't, they should if they want to save on mobile costs. What a company!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 106GTi

About 4 Months ago, one of my housemates moved out, the NTL connection into the house (Both TV & Cable Internet) were in her name, she phoned NTL to ask them to change it over to my name. Only this was a little too complicated for NTL and they cut us off instead, anyhow, after a half hour wait on to their freefone support number - which you cannot dial from a mobile - I spoke to their customer service who said it would take a week to recconect ..... such speed.

Ah well, on the plus side, since they reconnected it they have not sent out any bills, marvellous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

You honestly don't know how bad ntl are.

I worked there for two months and agreed with every single customer. Wait around for a tech to call during the day with no app. other then 1 - 6 when they won't turn up is stupid. ESB have it right by giving you €35 if the tech doesn't turn up, but the ESB are cofident that there tech will turn up, NTL would be bankrupt here in Ireland if they did something like that.

NTL treat their customers and employees like s h i t and should have its licence taken away from it.

As for mobile phone of course all techs should carry mobile phones but that would be to expencive for NTL. And you can call the free phone number from a mobile phone because NTL would have to pay for a mobile call from you which would take up to an hour because that how long you spend wait for a rep.

Go to SKY

Advertisement