Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AOL - Whats it really like.

• 28-11-2002 2:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭

I'm looking into net access for a friends family and was wondering what is the general opinion of the services and added content they provide is like. Are the added services worth the money involved?

Now before we get the usual 'AOL suxs' comments dont bother replying if you're not using it or haven't subscribed. I'm most interested in the filtering services,community and services they offer.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meh

AOL isn't available in Ireland. They do have a callcentre in Dublin, but it's for the UK market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

I have used AOL before, and it's good if you have kids.....the content they provide is very good...but if you're a serious net user, who doesn't need their filters and content, then they don't really offer anything better than anyone else.

And it's also not available in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

I know its not in ireland, and thats not a problem.
    As I said before this is for a family small kids etc, non-technical parents.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

The best content provder is Google ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by leeroybrown
    The best content provder is Google ;)

I mean for little-wee kids, and non-net savvy people :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Are CompuServe still knocking about?

They're all a pile of saggy scrotum, but for kids, tis better then netnanny.

Then again, you can find some wierd shíte on AOL too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement