Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheaper internet access in directive on telcos shake-up

Options
  • 28-11-2002 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭

Yet another article in the indo, for those who are interested...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭vinnyfitz

I can't be bothered registering and risking a load of O'Reilly spam!

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭kamobe

Nothing super really, basically what we know already. The post was just to highlight the article; it's nice to see this getting regular attention in a national newspaper. Here's the guts of it:
    CHEAPER internet access, more relaxed regulation and decreased costs at the new Commission for Communications Regulation (ComReg) are among the priorities in the draft directive on the telco market due to be published by the the Department of Communications early next week and seen by the Irish Independent.
    "Another area is the cost of regulation," he added. "But the main issue at the moment is FRIACO."

This will be a priority for ComReg, according to the draft directive which states that: "It shall use its best endeavours, making use of its powers under the legislation as appropriate, to bring about agreements among market players for the provision to the public of dial-up internet access charged at flat rates."

Thanks

I'd much prefer if that last few words in the quote read affordable flat rate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

Vinnyfitz

It would be worth your while to register and read the article in full. The writer has obviously seen the draft. The last line in the article say that there will be 2 months of negotiations with the interested (or disinterested, as the case may be, my edit) parties, following which ComReg will report back to the Minister making recommendations for further actions............

Unfortunatly Unison Copyright forbids reproducing the article in full

:( me reluctantly trudges off to register, in the process having to lie about my name, age, county, interests etc... and await delayed delivery of password
    This better be worth it rebel ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement