Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Win2K / Exchange 2000 -Arcserve 2000

• 28-11-2002 3:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭

I am running Win2K Server and Exchange 2000 SP2.
    I had already purchased Arcserve IT 6.61 Workgroup Ed and
    Arcserve IT 6.61 backup agent for ms exchange wrk/adv edition so then I purchased BrighStor Arcserve 2000 wrk ed upgrade for ASIT 6.61 WE and same for the backup agent.

I loaded Arcserve IT 6.61 Workgroup Ed and Arcserve IT 6.61 backup agent for ms exchange then I load the BrighStor Arcserve 2000 wrk ed upgrade and the BrighStor Arcserve 2000 backup agent forexchange upgrade version.
    These loaded fine and I did an ordinary backup and It backed up ok with the exceptions of the opne files like the inmformation store ... I then tried a Bricks level backup and while selecting users in brick's level I got an error message "DBagent RPC Server is not started or available" I restarted the service and it failed again so I set it to restart after it fails automatically,I then selected my user and set a bricks level backup going - After 8 users it crashed and showed no error's in the error logs, I applied Q022840 to this and still the same.

Any one any idea's for me?
    Thanks
    James

While this problem is occuring can I do an NT backup -Do I have to let NT take control of the backup drive? If so how?
    As when I try this through nt backup I get there is no unused media with the selected type available

Advertisement