Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Static Routes

Options
  • 28-11-2002 5:13pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Have a small network setup, a router, firewall and a few servers all within their own DMZ...

All of the systems were setup before I joined the company and because of lotsa of red tape I not yet able to change its setup so Im trying to work around this problem...

So here's my problem..

When I try to dial into the router to connect to one of the systems I get authenticated by the router, the dial up connection is established, then the firewall authenticates my connection and thats fine, but when I try to ftp to one of the the servers using its IP alias, it just times out..

If I use the actual systems correct IP, i can connect fine.. but like i said earlier, I have to go through the IP alias to connect for the particular purpose..

The firewall has the address translation setup fine and the static routes are fine, but for some reason it just isnt working..

Any ideas..??

Tox

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

You'd need to provide a little more information about OS's, FTP server etc. but I'd suspect that the FTP server isn't 'bound' to the IP you're trying to connect to.

Advertisement