Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shearer getting ban??

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Delighted, he is a dirty fuk and deserves all he gets.

It was a disgraceful incident and if it had been Keane or Viera then there would be calls for them to be banned from football.

Hang the greedy fuc...

As the song goes

"You are my solskjaer, my Ole solskjaer, you make me happy when skies are grey, that scum bag shearer, he's fukn dearer, please dont take our solskjaer away"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

the scum fans still bitter he turned down united twice.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

tis ok tho we got Livingston.

:D

Oh you assumed everyone was a Man utd fan ..sorry my mistake :D ....

KdjaC

I was refering to yop, as i know he is a united fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

yer we really are very bitter :p

Hope he gets a 4 match ban, tho i was hoping newcastle would do well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

he is a dirty bastard. he must be punished. i hope UEFA throw the book at him

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Nah mate, not bitter, just digusted he turned down trophies for money, still his lose and Ole's gain

Originally posted by KdjaC
    Im glad and hope he does get a ban ,for years he has been a dirty bástard and cos he was England captain either the media never picked up on it or wouldnt.

Hope he gets a 4 game ban :)

kdjaC

You Man United fans sicken me. Shearer was and always has been one of the best strikers the english game has ever seen.
    I reckon if he had tickled that arrogant Cannavaro with a feather that fu;cker would have went down like he'd been shot in the back. ps, he only struck him in the back of the neck with the top of his forearm. only a weak or cowardly fool would feel pain there. the ref was a stupid c*nt like mr magoo in celtic pk last nite who wouldnt give a celtic player a free if his legs fell off after been tackled.

hey wasnt bellamys sending off evidence enough that the magpies were skullduggered all night. as for turning down the chance to play in the so-called theatre of dreams, it showed the true content of shearers moral fibre when he went back to play for his hometown club when he had every option in europe. its something alot of footballers dont have so dont knock the man.

Originally posted by yop
    Nah mate, not bitter, just digusted he turned down trophies for money, still his lose and Ole's gain

ole's a dick/head by the way. little sulky f*cker

How did he turn down trophies for money?

1.) he moved to newcastle, his home club, the team he supported as a child

2.) Newcastle had finished runners up in the leauge the season before - it looked like they had a good chance of winning trophies.

3.) United were going to pay him minimum wage i suppose?

ps. yop you're no mate of mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

At one stage of the game (near the end I think) there was a statisitic that showed Shearers name and underneath fouls committed against or something and it was 12 - so he was getting kicked all over the park , I think he was right to try to brush off cannevaro , but unlucky to be caught on camera and to have connected so well .... The italians deserved a bit of there own medecine...

I'd still say he'll get a ban 2 - 3 games though - Newcastle are fecked now :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I think Shearer should have been sent off. Anyone else raises an elbow in the modern game and they get sent off. Bellamy did get sent off for less as did Sol Campbell for Arsenal against Southampton. Yes I am a united fan and yes I do not like Shearer but that is not why I think he should have been off.

ps. yop you're no mate of mine.
    :rolleyes:

Sulky ???? What??

he only struck him in the back of the neck with the top of his forearm

Otherwise know as an elbow in the back of the head. He is playin soccer not street fighting. If Keane did it I am sure you would have a different story.
    I did not hear you spilling this excuse for keane when he struck trigger on the back of his neck with the top of his forearm :rolleyes:

Umm im not a UTD fan.

I dont like shearer as he is a filthy animal in the same way ALan Smith is off Leeds only Shearer was England Captain so the sun shines from his @rse.

So all the filthy tackles he has got away with over the years that all went unpunished by the FA.
    As i said in the 1st post im glad hes getting the ban.

Anyone remember him stamping on a player last season??

Cantona was banned Bergkamp was banned and keane was banned for the same foul what happened Shearer???
    Nada.

Gwan Super Saints :D

kdjaC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

That prick Cannavaro was trying to get Shearer sent off, not exactly sporting. Solskjaer is a little fu<ker - I don't hear yop or any of the other RS fans here saying Solskjaer's goal against Newcastle last week shouldn't have stood after he nearly took Andy Griffin's head off going straight through him.

Plus he does anything he thinks he can get away with when the ref isn't looking. Little <unt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Rolo Tomasi

"You are my solskjaer, my Ole solskjaer, you make me happy when skies are grey, that scum bag shearer, he's fukn dearer, please dont take our solskjaer away"
    I'm a Gooner buts that's still class.

Shearer is lucky he didn't get arrested for the tackle, but he did deck Cannavaro so I'll allow it.

Andy Griffin's head off going straight through him

SO if he did, which unless you have super sight and actaully saw him trying to take his head off, why aren't the FA goin after him for it.
    Plus he does anything he thinks he can get away with when the ref isn't looking. Little <unt.

And do you spend the whole match watching Ole to see what he is getting up to??

Every single forward will try anything to give themselves an advantage, if you think that they don't then your glasses are more tinted than I thought.

BTW - give me an example where Ole has elbowed someone...

That prick Cannavaro was trying to get Shearer sent off

I missed the part where he grabbed shearers elbow and pushed it onto the back of his head, maybe you can refresh us on this??

BTW - what about poor ashley cole who seems to spend half of each match now trying to get players sent off... I was not even goin to bring this up.. but when ye want to start on Ole then lets pick out every player in the premiership...beckham falls like a girl- he too must be a cheating bastrd.....owen falls over if you breath on him.. he too...

Get my point.. I am sure you don't

he just has a unbrindled hatred on man u.
    tis fairly obvious and i doubt nething we say will change his mind.
    it really makes me sad that people can hate a club so much for winning things. Jealousy is a terrible thing :p

That newcastle incident where their player fell over his own feet makes Solskjaer a ****er? Watching the match on SKy and umpteen replays its kinda hard to judge what happened.
    At worst he pushed him, but imo he just ran into him, if there was ne contact in the first place. Dont see how thats taking his head off or make him a little sulky ****er. I'd like a few incidents that Solskjaer has gone off sulking. If you make an accusation plz back it up cos otherwise your just letting your dislike for a player get the better of you.

On the shearer thing. Of course cannavaro was gonna go down after being elbowed. It wasnt a little love pet and even if hes gonna be alight in a sec, an elbow to the head can seriously effect your balance. Especially when your italian :p

According to the rules an elbow or forearm doesnt really make much of a difference. There was intent to do harm. Thats a ban, doesnt matter if he tried to get Shearer sent off cos he shoulda been in any case. ( and dont tell me it was an accident. He spins hits him and ends up in same position)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Originally posted by tipp_Gunner

where did that come from?,oles the most unselfish player in the premiership who always puts the team first and in his five years has never criticised the manager in the media or demanded a transfer.So your comment that he's a "little sulky f*cker" proves you know absolutely nothing about football.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Rolo Tomasi

what about poor ashley cole who seems to spend half of each match now trying to get players sent off...

Why not? Strikers have been doing it to defenders for years, diving,faking injury,its time defenders got their own back. Go Cole!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

I saw the shearer and he is a dirty whiney little s%&t so it is good that he is gonna finally get punished for something as dirty as an elbow to the back of the head

Why not? Strikers have been doing it to defenders for years, diving,faking injury,its time defenders got their own back. Go Cole!!

Exactly Rolo - reason I brought it in was that we started a discussion about a player - regardless of who is - who clearly elbowed another player - and nearly got away with it.
    When abu's, typically, started bringing a United player into the discussion for the only reason of who he players for, I said fuc it...

B-K-DzR - :D Spot on lad, someone who sees/says things as they are

err yop...you're the one who brought other players into it.....
    It was a disgraceful incident and if it had been Keane or Viera then there would be calls for them to be banned from football.

Bit of a difference between loosing the plot after being constantly fouled for the night(cannavaro was holding him), and for purposely going out on the pitch with the intent of hurting someone(i.e. keano).

being constantly fouled for the night

What time did the incident happen??? Maybe I am wrong but it was in the first 1/2 hour of the match, then it did not take him that long to wind him up

I reckon people are just gonna have to agree that most Man U fans hate Shearer and will want him to get banned ( they're like Elephants , they never forget :) ....

However IMO he was getting kicked up and down the park and eventually he snapped - if you think about it most other players in his situation would have broken / snapped a lot earlier...
    i.e down to 10 men losin 3 - 0 at half time , gettin constantly fouled ... I'd say viera / keane would not have taken as much as that....

I just hope that uefa take the fouls against figure into account when handing out punishment

yeah but was it not in the first half hour as yop said?

As far as I can remember it was from a free kick close to the end of the game ... but again I may be wrong - :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

No it was definitely in the first 1\2 hour. Not all that long after Bellamy walked.

• Advertisement

so how can he have been wound up for most of the game then and what score was it at this stage?

Off www.uefa.com

So the whole match was it??

UEFA investigate Shearer incident
    Thursday 28 November 2002
    Newcastle United FC striker Alan Shearer faces a UEFA disciplinary investigation after appearing to elbow an opponent during his side's UEFA Champions League defeat against Internazionale FC on Wednesday.

Video evidence
    The proceedings have been instigated against the former England captain after video evidence showed him lashing out at Inter defender Fabio Cannavaro in the 25th minute of last night's match at St James' Park, a fact not picked up at the time by French referee Stéphane Bre.

Fair enough

I'm wrong :o
    however according to the match report here

"
    After the sending off there were a few late challenges flying in, particularly from the Italians, and Cannavaro was cautioned on 10 minutes for a crude foul on Shearer and Dabizas flashed a header wide from the resulting free kick.
    "

So the Italians were still kicking lumps outta him... also bobby robson saw the incident and said:
    "
    He was manhandled in the box and the referee did nothing about it. Alan just said 'I'm not having it,"' Robson said. "What would you do? Say 'sorry, don't do that again please?"'

"from here

He was provoked , although as a pro he should not have reacted as he did ....

well whatever way u look at Lizard King shearer is in the wrong

Regardless of right and wrong and man utd fans, he has being doing it for years and never punished ever.

Now he is being punished :D

kdjaC

yeah it is about time he got what he deserved

• Advertisement

Regardless of right and wrong and man utd fans, he has being doing it for years and never punished ever.

how was he never punished?...as far as i can remember he's been sent off a few times and been given the same punishment as anyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Silavar

I definitely hope he gets banned, for years he has been getting away with loads of dirty tackles and stuff just for being England captain.

how was he never punished?...

He stamped on a player last year and didnt even give a free kick.

Other players have been done on video evidence yet nothing came of his stamp.

I have seen him getaway with countless others.

kdjaC

what incidents are these you're talking about?.....
    i still maintain, people don't like alan shearer for a number of reasons:

1.) he used to be england captain (boo england....being ireland it's my job to hate all english).

2.) manYOO fans don't like him because he turned down united twice.

he's probably the best striker of his generation, he's had a number of serious injuries and been written off many times only to bounce back with bag fulls of goals. He's a strongly compeditive player but he's by no means in essence a "dirty player".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,155 ✭✭✭ykt0di9url7bc3

being ireland it's my job to hate all english
    :rolleyes: yes..one man is an island!

shearer gets a ban; well he wasnt professional about the incident

shearar gets off; he counts himself lucky and moves on

What utd fans and anti-Sasna have to do with it I dont know!...Shearer has always been a pro at what he does with an admireable approach to the game...countless pushy defenders have a go at him and only once a year does he lash back...perfectly normal...

• Advertisement

To be totally honest i quite like Shearer and i wasn't aware of the fact that he was bid for by Man u. (or dont remember, could be blocking it out :p )

Not even thinking about past incidents and ignoring them completly. He shoulda gotten sent off for that elbow/forearm and now he's rightfully getting punished.

yes i agree...he should be punished for the incident...all i'm trying to understand is the whole "i hope he gets the book thrown at him the dirty fcuk etc etc etc"....he lashed out he shouldn't have...but it's obvious cannavaro provoked him....all i'm trying to understand why there's such hatred towards the man...

serrard- you're going to tell me now that it's unthinkable that a large majority of irish people (my observations) may dislike alan shearer because he once used to be england captain?...don't make me laugh

I just dont like him cos hes a dirty player who got away with it and it was never spoken of in the media while other players vilified (smith ,viera etc:)

Hes an excellent striker and an excellent pro but i think he gets away with too much hence the 1st post.
    Uefa have banned him on video evidence whilst the FA never did.

Whether he never signed for man u or is english captain i dont care ,hes a dirty player who got away with it for years (still will in england)

KdjaC

Some strike over the weekend, one of the best finishs I have seen for a long time.
    Got the 2 match ban he deserved but UEFA took into account of what happened with the provacation, so fair play to them for that.

yeah it was a class goal unbelievable finish

Advertisement