Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What do eircom owe me !?!

Options
  • 28-11-2002 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭

Lo,

My Isdn line was down completely (no network light) from the 12th november to the 22nd november. I was told a few things I could claim for but I'm not sure. I've contacted the Odtr but have had no responce.

Any idea what kind of compensation I can get from eircom ?

(I want to know what I can get off them before I ring them up)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,399 ✭✭✭ando

edit*

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

Delete that now! It is wholly illegal to publically make available any mails that the ODTR send you as they are acting as a consumer body on your behalf.

Trust me, I have LOADS of great e-mails i'd love to share.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

The codes of practise do refer to analog lines and therefore ANDO has to write to James G Ryan, Copany Secretary , Eircom, St Stephens Green House, Dublin 2 (recorded delivery) in order to geta written explanation and line rental credit for a non existent line......or evidence for the small claims court that he can add material losses onto :)

Yes he should paraphrase a little maybe

No he is not worng because the ODTRenforcement where it is due (analog lines) is inadequate ....... on the issue of widespread abuse of the copper loop management plan......see Kennets recent case (good luck Kennet)

I really want to hear what the ODTR do with that pairgain and no better place than here.

M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Originally posted by Kevok
    Delete that now! It is wholly illegal to publically make available any mails that the ODTR send you as they are acting as a consumer body on your behalf.

Trust me, I have LOADS of great e-mails i'd love to share.

Hmm... ::thinks things over:: I was actually thinking of posting up the letter I (might) have gotten back from them, howver, there is nothing wrong with me posting my letter to them up here, and maybe a summary/report of the letter I get back. I can hardly get into trouble for posting up a "long & short of it" summary, could I?

By the way, the link for my case is here, if you wish to see it: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=70890

I'll probably have a draft of the letter I'll be writing soon, so watch this space :)

PS: Thanks Muck... By the looks of it, I think getting a response will be all down to luck, but we'll have to see what comes up...

I guess there is always the phone, but I'm slightly worried I'll eat the head off the poor lad/lass that has to listen to me... Still though, I guess I'll have time to make sure that doesn't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

Kennett

See my post in the other thread - (1) phone is pointless - you must register yor complaint in writing (2) you must complain to Eircom in the first instance - they have 10 working days to reply - if they do not respond or if you are dissatisfied with their response THEN you can complain directly to COMREG (the ODTR)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

Originally posted by ando
    Lo,

My Isdn line was down completely (no network light) from the 12th november to the 22nd november. I was told a few things I could claim for but I'm not sure. I've contacted the Odtr but have had no responce.

Any idea what kind of compensation I can get from eircom ?

(I want to know what I can get off them before I ring them up)

Basically there are two types of compensation; loss; consequential loss.

Loss is direct and out of pocket expenses, in this case the cost of the line during the period of the outage. Consequential loss is just about everything else under the sun; in this case the opportunity ost of the outage.

In reality you have almost no chance, unless you use the line for bsuiness purposes. Best bet is to address a short snappy complaint to J. G. Ryan (see Muck's response)

Advertisement