Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Who is the wrost british indie band?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭the66electric

The Bluetones have a greatest hits album!

Yo, whats up wit dat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Tom182

I only know "A Slight Return"(????????????)

Which in fairness is a very good song!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

You think its bad that bluetones have a greatest hits album so do space they only had two albums for god's sake also catatonia were pretty dire alone with a lot of the others mentioned espesally kula shaker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

stereophonics
    - annoying, we can be snobby here and say it's music for
    the common music fan like oasis and travis, though i
    wouldn't add those two to my list

embrace
    -annoying, we nearly all agree on this

i pretty much agree with most of the entries
    but echobelly's "dark therapy", bluetones "bluetonic" and longpigs "lost myself" should definately excuse them from the list

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

embrace

i have to say, i like a lot of the bands peop[le were giving out about, i dont have their albums, but they all have at least one or 2 songs that i like very much and so cant accuse them of being dire.

except for the stereophonics. mr writer was pure chance ;)

ah starsailor-im sorry but i love yer man's voice, i dont have their album but i have a few of their songs on different compilation cd's and theyre great

also the bluetones-they have some GREAT songs, oh my goodness-if, marblehead johnsons, sleazy bed track, slight return!

get gomez off yer list-have u ever heard tijuana lady?????one of the best chill out* songs ive ever heard!

oasis-some class songs. its true. a lot of **** songs tho.

james-laid

whitetown-your woman RULED!

travis also have some great songs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

starsailor, ash, elastica and reef.. *shudder*

Gomez have no place in there at all.

Tiguana Lady is indeed a gem...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭o sleep

i don't know who said whitetown, but i'd have to agree with the drowner here: your woman was - and is - a feckin great song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

Originally posted by Kali
    starsailor, ash, elastica and reef.. *shudder*

wouldn't be much of a fan but ash are great
    and elastica have two fine albums

I just realised i spelt 'worst' as 'wrost'.

Mongo like candy...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

i noticed the 2, 66e, but i didnt want to be the loser who brought u up on it, but thankfully you did it yourself....ahhhhh

thank u o sleep, everything i say is always right anyways :)

im so siiiiiiiiiiick

and im so tiiiiiiiired

and i cant go to bed coz i need to stay up all night to keep an eye on one of our dogs who is sick
    somebody hug me

and get me osme sleep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Morn

Gosh it's amazing how many of these bands there are when you get down to it! Is it a purely British phenomenon? I know that there aren't as many Irish bands of the same scale but I'd be hard pressed to name one or two that just get right up your nose... But the British folks just seem to have a knack for being irritating...

One other band I'd like to add to the trash-pile that aren't quite as terrible as they could be simply because they thankfully don't impinge on my life too much are The Charlatans... <shudder>

As for Gomez - they're clearly lost in this post - they oughta be in the best british post...

And the Levellers I have a very soft spot for - no denying they're a one trick pony, but it's a good trick...

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

theres a good indie band? who?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭Space Coyote

can Cornershop be added to this list???

PLEASE....oh the pain
    the Levellers I hated aswell as all the ones mentioned above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

indie impies crap,anyway.

oxymoron of the year:

A good indie band

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Muppet Monarchy

I can't think of any good British bands, indie or not.

Eh.....
    Radiohead, Blur, Supergrass, Ocean Colour Scene, Manics, Super Furry Animals, Teenage Fanclub, Stereophonics.....
    are none of these bands to your liking ?

Elastica were/are damn good in my opinion.

I hope there's no RaverS posting comments about real music here...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭Muppet Monarchy

Nope, I'd say with the possible exception of SFA, they all suck ass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Reno Raines

space, catatonia, the charlatans, the supernaturals, dodgy, freakpower, gene, the boo radleys, deep blue something, suede, and i fookin hate the who

deep blue something????!!!!! British? Get the fook!

I forgot about the Charlatans...they'd make a grown man cry of boredom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭soma

66electric - don't get me started on the bluetones! I saw them in TBMC about 2 years ago cos Turn were supporting them and I wanted to see Turn.

I left after about 4/5 bluetones songs - they were truly appalling. For the record, Turn were poor aswell - I don't know what was up with that though cos I've seen them since and they are now fantastic live - must have just caught them on an off-nght.

I think I seen Kula Shaker on someone's post back there a bit...oh my god they were shockingly aweful...were they English or half-Norwegian half-Mongoloid ???

Suede rocked back in the old days i thought, "So Young" and the rest...Animal Nitrate (class)...good jumpin-around-to music that was.

I believe that Kula Shakurs brand of mystical mythical rock was 100% English and 100% guff...

One word - Chumbawamba !!! God knows what sort of demented category you could put them in, I once knew a lad that was into them years and years ago...he's dead now...well he could be for all I know.
    It would cheer me up immensely if I heard they, the cyborgs of Chumbawamba had been horribly crushed to death in some sort of farming accident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭Tom182

I get knocked down,
    But I get up again,
    I get knocked down.........

WELL BLOODY STAY DOWN!!!!!!!!

Advertisement