Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tonights UEFA Cup Games

• 28-11-2002 7:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Post your thoughts on Leeds, Liverpool and Celtic here! :D

I have a good feeling in my water for the game against Vitesse Arnham dont know why...I may have to edit this in 3 hours....;)

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭brainstorm

lets hope u dont have to but on the current run of form........!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭BKtje

I only saw second half so all i can comment on is that.

Vitesse are ****e (extremely) but liverpool were letting them raid into the box so easily was unreal.
    Yet they still only had 1 shot on target and that was a header in the 89th minute . (not including 1st half cos i didnt see it)

Liverpool looked very very poor imo.
    they are much better that what they played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

1-0 celts - celta vigo not great at all, we should have had 3 or 4..

Worst ref I have seen in ages

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Pool should have had the tie beyond doubt after an hour, no question but what the hell, they can win it at home, the away goal should be enough insurance. Hopefully concentration levels will be higher on Sunday...

Mike.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Owen reminded me of cole last nite, how many one on ones!! And an empty net. Ye had a good first half but we abysmal in the 2nd, but I am sure ye will rise your game for yer fa cup final.... I mean match against us on Sunday! :D:p

The way they were on about dudek on bbc you would have thought he had conceded 10 goals in his last match.

The ref in the Celtic match was a fukn joke, not a clue, loved it when O'neill was hoppin around the place light a monkey let loose!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

Vitesse were a shabolic effort. Liverpool were almost as bad in the second half. Hopefully that win will give us some sort of confidence for Sunday.

One thing for sure is Baros and Owen should be up front. They played well last night.

Hopefully now, we'll step up about 10 gears for Sundays big game. Man Yoo have had about 4 days rest before it Liverpool will only have 2 days. So that could come into play........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Celta Vigo were cheating, dirty little f**kers.

The ref was quite possibly THE worst I have ever seen. Vigo should have been down to about 8/9 men with some of the stuff they were upto. Even the headbutt that Hartson got to his mouth right in front of the ref towards the end of the second half went unpunished.

I mean .. wtf???

Shame Celtic didn't stick another one in the back of the net. Would have made that victory all the more poetic ....

On another note (off topic), haven't seen you around in ages spanner_head. How are ye? Drop me a mail!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

g'wan the celtic :D

although i agree we coulda had a few more goals, which woulda been fantastic to take to the 2nd leg in spain but it wasnt to be. :(

celta vigo were poor last night, celtic were the better team imo.

The referee however, guy was a shambles, larsson getting kicked about and he gave him nothing, think he woulda had to get hit with a brick in the face last night to get a free kick :mad: :mad: :mad:

didnt watch any other matches apart from the celtic one so i cant comment on the rest..

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Hopefully now, we'll step up about 10 gears for Sundays big game. Man Yoo have had about 4 days rest before it Liverpool will only have 2 days.

ye are hardly goin to use this as an excuse!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

He won't need to because Liverpool are going to win :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,392 ✭✭✭jonno

Originally posted by TwoShedsJackson
    He won't need to because Liverpool are going to win :p

That's the spirit!!;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭BKtje

unfortunately i doubt man u can beat liverpool with the current injury ridden team.

I hope but doubt i will happen :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I'm gonna go with a 1-2 scoreline in Uniteds favour but I always was an optimist.

We will concede more than 1 - larry white and g neville are back :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

true yop true - i think it is gonna be 3-2 to the pool

owen (2) , gerrard
    van kiss the boys will get uniteds 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

2-1 to the Pool but, Hamann and Diao in midfield seems like a pretty good pairing, Diao is a bit more creative.

yeah but gerrard looked good last night aswell

I think T4TF is right, at the minate with Keano and Bicky Nutt out we have no ball breakers there, I thing Diao a bit of a more creative player but may not be used to the fast pace I expect this to be played at.

As a fan I want us to win but from a football view I think ye will have it 3 - 1

Gwan United

i reckon van kiss the boys wil get at least one goal though

van kiss the boys

Where the fuc did you get this from!! :D you ape

I suppose he will alright, but we need at least 2 more. Sir A will play some fukn daft formation and leave RVN up front on his own

• Advertisement

ah but it be very funny - u can't argue with that ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

6-0 to Utd with Phil nev to get 4 :p

well now that is illusional

ah but it be very funny - u can't argue with that

Course it was not you ignorant gimp, do you know what it does to people calling them names, you big girl ya..*gone off on verbal rant*...

Suppose it was.....:p

yeah but u just contradicted urself by calling me a girl

Only messing with ya jock

thats cos u know i could kick ur ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

Beat you would love my ass , ya batty boy ya :D:p

Gluck

aaaaaaaaaggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh uve gone too far poostabber

• Advertisement
Advertisement