Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many bands are there in Dublin these days?

Options
  • 28-11-2002 8:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭

There seem to be an awful lot and I was wondering if anyone had any educated guesses as to the actual amount of bands playing Dublin fairly regularly these days...

Definitely more than a hundred, but apart from that... I dunno...

More than a thousand? Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

hmmmmmm..... I'll have to think about that, to be honest I doubt theres much more than a hundred if there is a hundred....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭the66electric

I actually did this one day when i had the flu by looking through the Hotpress year book and all the music databases on the web and the final figure i came up with that there is:

443, 882 bands in the greater Dublin area...

66e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 butterflywings

that's a**** load.... especially when u consider that they all have to have like 3 or 4 members,and the population of dublin's 1.4million. that's a very very massive big amount.

me personally, i'm in 4.
    :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭the66electric

Im jamming with 3 bands as i write...

66e

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

I seriously doubt theres 400k active bands in Europe, nevermind Ireland.

Either way, only about 3 good bands in Ireland anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭bandit

in dublin at this exact minute 11 new bands have been formed and 8 have just split so the final figure is now 18,764.10

{its .10 coz 66e give 110%, all the time};)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

in dublin every 9 seconds a new band is born

* 95% of statistics are made up on the spot

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Originally posted by PiE
    I seriously doubt theres 400k active bands in Europe, nevermind Ireland.

Either way, only about 3 good bands in Ireland anyway.

Good famous ones!
    Ive seen loads of good pub bands that are far better than any signed bands I have heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Dublin = musically retarded

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭Morn

It's a crazy thang... That 443 figure sounds likely, but there are more - fairly young bands that haven't played more than a gig or two that certainly aren't in hotpress or anywhere on the internet - I know of at least three or four of these... then again I suppose there are some that are no longer active that are still listed... I know my old band Coyote Blue are still in the hotpress yearbook... :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement