Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

skylarkin

Options
  • 28-11-2002 10:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

in regards to the benefit gig tomorrow (friday)
    anyone know the following ( help, u know u want to)
    is the album being sold there?
    who, othere than the frameses, r playing?
    is anyone else as EXCITED as i am??!!!
    thought not.
    still, humour me.
    xxxx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭the66electric

Rest well mic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Candice

you're best bet for information would be checking out www.micchristopher.co.uk (the line-up is posted up there)
    i think the album will be sold at the gig yeah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭dera

i'm pretty sure the album WON'T be sold at the gig, because they're trying to get it in the charts and so they need people to buy it in record shops. Last I heard anyway.
    There's other stuff gonna be at the gig i think though, l(like tshirts i think someone mentioned) so you can help the charities even more :o)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭dera

that face didnt do what i wanted at all
    unless it was trying to indicate my sleepiness
    in which case
    yes

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Skylarkin will be the Heavy Traffic Album of the week next week. Tune in between 4-7pm each weekday to hear tracks from the album and to win a copy each day!

I hear that there is an excellent night planned for tonight at Vicar St. with a host of bands and artists singing Mic's songs. I am told that the event will be fully seated (i.e. the tables will be out).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

yeah it was a great night i heard, tho i was stuck in the cloakroom, ah well.

cant wait for the gig tonight, (turn and frames)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Miss-Misery

It was such a good night. Such an amazing atmosphere. Poor drowner, I felt very sorry for you, stuck outside all night. But damn everyone who got to go to The Frames and Turn while i was stuck in laois...

ahhhhhh....didnt all your friends come up to me on saturday night (by the way, tell them im sorry i couldnt thow their coats in for free, but i had no room in my free space....not after lamda anyway!!!!!) and slag u for being in laois!!!!! only got to see one turn song on account of the place being unbelievably busy but do you know that all u ****ers who came to the gig smashed 1,000 plastic glasses.....!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

so what drowner we'll smash as many as we like rite!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hehehehehehe just kidding

have to say the gig was good but it wasn't as amazing as i expected - now don't get me wrong i am a big turn and frames fan as everyone here knows but the main problem was all the frames songs were soooooooo long and drawn out ah well mebbe the encores were a lot better or something as i had to leave halfway through fitzcarraldo and well i just don't think the crowd really got into turn but then again most of them were there to see the frames ah well

thanks a lot again rosemary by the way

Can't understand that thing about smashing glasses after the gig - childish and pathetic. Happened after the Violent Femmes as well. The other thing that gets on my goat is people who talk all the way though a gig. Some might think its their perrogative to behave as they like but don't be offended when I tell you to shut the f**k up!

Grrrr!

• Advertisement

did people actually start smashing glasses afterwards????

Well, more 'crushing underfoot' as you can't really smash 'em. There was a load of folks (mainly girls actually) running around stomping on the glasses. Probably the same folks who talk all the way through the gig! Rock 'n' Roll, eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

rumour has it that tupac,mic and elvis are living in the north pole;collaborating on a top notch album.

kurt cobain was going to fake his own suicide;so to join them hence completing an eclectic line up;to rival even moby's eclecies;

but then courtney killed him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭jonny

Mic is definately rockin out with Elvis SOMEWHERE. im not sure bout the north pole though, a bit cold.

johnny: ignore my grouchy post in the literature board. im really not well. im at home sick in bed.

brian D> i have to say, sorry, but people who do that whole shushing thing at gigs really piss me off. I understand when people are talking beside you all night, it can get annoying, and i think its fair enough to intervene, but im sick of dealing with people who shush me or make a face at me as i walk by them to collect glasses, or take orders. sorry-its the way things go, it has to be done, and people who start telling me to be quiet will just piss me off and make me even louder. glasses HAVE to be collected or they'll run out, especially when feckers are jumping on them after gigs, and yes JNL, people really were dfoing that. u maye not be guilty of this as i said, fair enough when someone's doing it all night but if its just once or twice, roll with it....

well that sounds pretty crap what would be the point in doing it ah well the youth of today eh

and i have to say rosemary i agree with u on the shushing thing that actually got more annoying than people talking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭jonny

Got my copy of skylarking today. it is absolutely beautiful. the first album i have bought in around 6 years that i thought was completely worth the money i spent on it.
    Check it out.
    Buy it.
    its well worth it.
    plus:
    it would be absolutely brilliant and deserving if it got into the charts, knocking some pop-****e down a notch. no record labels involved.
    fantastic.he deserves it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭lamda

Originally posted by thedrowner
    (by the way, tell them im sorry i couldnt thow their coats in for free, but i had no room in my free space....not after lamda anyway!!!!!)
    Awwww twas much appreciated drowny!! Ta very much luv!!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Sorry to drag up a day-old thread, but I got this album a few days ago and its excellent. The 4 tracks that were on the Heyday EP seem to have been tweaked, so they're even better.

Question - where is the best place to look for old Mary Janes stuff?

TIA,
    Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

Brillant album so many class songs its a pity the mary janes stuff is so hard to find ive tied in nearly every second hand store in dublin looks like is back to traling through hundreds of music sites to find some

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Candice

try www.micchristopher.co.uk
    put a post up on the board asking

Advertisement