Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Make DIVX

• 28-11-2002 11:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Ive tried searching on Google but....

Basically I want to record/make DIVX form My TV Tuner Input.

Eg: I wanna connect my VCR to the TV Card and Record it to DIVX.

What programs do I need?

Freeware or shareware if possible.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,396 ✭✭✭PPC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I doubt very much that you can record in real time using a DivX Encoder. DivX is an mpeg4 encoder and you're going to need a seriously fast pc, probably around a p5 4 gig machine to record real time with divx. May be in a couple of years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,022 ✭✭✭Wossack

• Closed Accounts Posts: 875 ✭✭✭EvilGeorge

Yeah you would need a fast machine - works on my 1300 AMD - no franes lost , capturing with DIVX 3.11

Basically get the codec from doom9 (as suggested) , install it and when you go to record from your tuner card choose it as the capture compressor rather than raw or whatever you would normally choose.

I wouldn't compress the sound at the same time - that will put a serious strain on the machine and result in a load of frames being lost.

Also www.vcdhelp.com is a good site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Use DivX 5.02, much better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

If you have a huge hard disk, you can capture uncompressed video to your hard disk and them compress it using the various DivX tools (gordian knot is nice) later.

Just beware that uncompressed video is MASSIVE. It'll fill gigs and gigs of space very fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

i don't know much about this, but this URL seems useful:

http://www.divx-digest.com/articles/vhs_capture.html

Advertisement