Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Detonator crash :(

• 28-11-2002 11:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭

Got new detonator drivers (which i never use, usually use the windows update drivers)
    Have Geforce 3 ti 500 and everytime i click on the adapter in display properties it crashes and i get "run a dll " send error report.

Anyone get this ???

kdjAC

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

you probably went from 30.xx to 40.xx

the old 30.xx ones have to be uninstalled fully before the newer ones. however if your using drivers off windows update there will most likely not be an option to give them the boot. so you will have to dl some older drivers, install them, uninstall them and then install the 40.xx ones.

the new ones are terrible in d3d though. really buggy(there is no filtering on mipmaps in ghost recon) and prone to crashes(evoodoo crashes after about 10 seconds). but their opengl performance is amazing. the benchmark that nascar2002 does when setting up the graphics come in at around 430 for d3d but the opengl one gives 850. just under twice as fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

I agree with Stu, if I was you I'd stay with the 30.xx versions. Nvidia don't say it, but in all fairness, all the drivers they have released for the last while are designed with the GF4 in mind, and they are causing some ammount of grief :p
    Do a search on goolge to see what people recommend as the driver of choice for your card, as there is usually a general consensus, per type of card.

PS: keep the hell away from the windows drivers :D:D
    PPS: and as with all detonator updates, the previous versions must be completely removed. The Geforce FAQ is here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Bugger

Cant remove them ,anyone know that lil proggie that cleanses nvidia drivers ,the ones i have aint Detonator but are nvidia tru the Win Update service (which were class for a while )

Need to get rid of the old DLLs without a reformat.

kdjaC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?IO=winxp-2k_30.82

d/l the 30.82 from there.

and also d/l the newest ones. www.guru3d.com have the newest 41.03 ones which are a bit better than the 40.72 WHQL ones.

now follow these steps.

1. uninstall the new ones you have installed that caused the problems with the display panel.

2. install the 30.82 ones.

3. unistall the 30.82 ones you just installed.

4. install the 41.03 ones from www.guru3d.com

ive also attached a program that clears all the old 30.xx files to. better safe than sorry.

to use it uninstall the 30.xx ones reboot and run the progrma and then reboot again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Thx works perfect now.

Just ran the program and rebooted deleted the old win update driver and now the D3D and opengl stuff works :)

Kdjac

• Advertisement
Advertisement