Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EM hit back at cheating allegations

• 18-08-1999 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

Received this mail from tribe EM leader Dr. Teeth this morning:
    <I>
    Jesus man, I suggest you get your facts straight before posting
    allegations like that. If you want unbiased coverage of events in the UK
    Tribes community I suggest you read <a href="http://www.tribesplayers.co.uk&quot; target="_top">http://www.tribesplayers.co.uk</a&gt; or at least talk to the people involved, before you wrongfully blacken our name in Irish scene.

Teeth.
    </I>

Well all I was doing was telling the news, tbh I feel it was very unsporting what EM did. I can't see how talking to EM members or Ex-EM members running the tribesplayers site would give "unbiased" coverage. There was a ruling before the season began that there would be "no transfers from EM to EM2" yet EM broke this rule. They also talk about the game being "meaningless", sorry, it was an offical UKTL match, therefore not meaningless. It was bad form imho to do what EM did. I went over all the reports from the various sites before I reported the incident. Feel free to post comments on this on the messageboard by clicking on the comment link above

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 jesus

It seems [EM] have been vindicated.
    After my story on the UKTL the other day I have just received the official admin ruling, by way of a source who wishes to be keep his/her name quiet!

"Since the previous agreement existed about no transfers from EM to EM2, conditional on EM2 being in div 1, the default was ruled and the players had not transferred (couldn’t) and therefore are eligible."

So there you are, with some subtle prompting the admins make a ruling, although they did
    want it kept quiet, but I could not resist, Sorry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Indeed - everything EM did was with the agreement of the UKTL admins present *AND* with the assent of the tribe leader of DS, to say we 'cheated' is absolute rubbish.

Some people may say that it was poor show, but the game was ruled a walk-over anyway? Who cares if EM members changed over to give DS a decent game instead of not playing any match at all? Where was the harm? A good game was played, and the walkover was given to DS, as it should have been. Nog's news article was exceptionally unfair and inaccurate.

In any case, this issue was put to rest last week in the UK, I'd rather not have it start up here now.

Teeth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

As the gossipy aul wan of the UK and Irish tribes scene I feel I know everything here so everyone listen up smile.gif (*joke*) (I also was co-founder of EM2 with Shinji, and I was the one who negoatiated with Poker (UKTL CHief Admin) on EM2 getting into the league!....but well keep that one quiet I think wink.gif)

No really, EM2 did nothing wrong, they did every single thing within the rules, and with consultating the admins for the game before, during and after. 90 minutes or so after the game was finished it was given as a default win to DS anyway, even though not one member of DS or anyone conencted with the game appealed or complained to the admins, and even thought DS had won 1-0 anyway. The admin who had agreed to the transfer changed his mind after 90 minutes of fighting and arguing.

The core problem is that a most of the UKTL admins are connected to tribesnation, EM are linked (rightly or wrongly) with Tribesplayers.co.uk and simply they do not like us. Read their columnists and you will see about 35-40% of the content is direct or indirect attacks on us!!!

Now look at the IRC logs on TN, under velvets column and you will see that only 6 or 7 people did not like the decision, all good mates of TN people or TN people BTW.

Anyway, the admins re ruled after some subtle prompting from yours truely and righty said that EM did not one thing wrong (as jasus pointed out!!)

Plus is it so wrong to want a good game, for the last ever EM2 game, instead of a default or a 30 odd to nill drubbing......

any questions or queries mail me vagga@iol.ie

Cheers

The Vaggabond of the Western World
    Deputy Editor
    www.tribespalyers.co.uk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Chaos

I dont play tribes and i dont wanna but you might wanna read bigfoots page about your cheating thing or what ever it was smile.gif

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    DK 0wns U

Ooops

[This message has been edited by Chaos (edited 20-08-99).]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,010 ✭✭✭Dr_Teeth

Bigfoot is the most biased person in the those affair, and his comments were made right after the match and were not ammended when he found out he was completely wrong. So drop it.

Teeth.

Only pointing out what bigfoot was saying just in case yiz mist it or somthing.

So you can calm down!

besides theres notthing wrong with bf he puts alot of time into on line gameing and i think hes sound as a bell smile.gif

www.gibworld.com/chaos
    DK 0wns U

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

Daire relax....ba...tis a game....
    Cheating is bold...anyway..id never condone it....

Advertisement