Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long should a moderator be appointed for?

Options
  • 29-11-2002 9:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭

How long should a "Moderator" be allowed to moderate?

In the interest of a fair deal for all on this forum I am suggesting that moderators should only moderate for a maximum of - 6 Months, at any given voluntary period.

They move bank Managers regularly in the real world to "stop" favouritism? why not also on a forum?

Yours,

Paddy20

;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

paddy20 for moderator !

/me awaits various people to use Gathering cards ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Yellum,

As this thread will probably get locked very quickly. I thought I had better reply fast.

Quote:- "Paddy20 for moderator"?

Thanks, but no thanks. I would like to try and retain some sanity and power corrupts etc, etc.

Merry Xmas.

Yours,

Paddy20;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

paddy20 for moderator !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Thanks Paddy20 , god bless. Fair Play.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

There shouldn't be a time limit on how long a moderator should be allowed moderate a forum, as long as they are doing a good job, - which in the case of the IrelandOFFLine forum, both Dustaz and sceptre are.

Do you have a problem with the moderators here, Paddy?

This discussion, however valid, is essentially off topic here and is better suited to the Admin forum.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

they can't hand over the job till you've been straightened out first Paddy20. As soon as you are officially declared a 'success' the mods will be appointed to pastures new. :D

M

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Thanks, but no thanks. I would like to try and retain some sanity

heh

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

If they are doing a good job then why change them. And I think we will all agree that the lads here do a good job.

Paddy I get the feeling you have too much time to think about things or your just pissed off they moved a few of your posts :)

Gandalf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Gandalf,

You know, [Locking my Threads "Unjustifiably"] could be pissing me OFF?

Merry Xmas.;)

Yours,

Paddy20:p

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭DC

threadclosed.gif
    :D:D:p;)

• Advertisement

For yellum.

setmypeoplefree.jpg

muppet.jpg

moderated.jpg

godgivenright.jpg

Sorry.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭DC

ROFLMAO!!!!

Brilliant!

Can you be commissioned for future works adam :D ?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Those arent Adams, they are from The Gathering, a collection of Magic The Gathering like cards that we can play on repetitive muppets and common situations.

http://www.boards.ie/gathering/index.html

Now, as to the Moderators. The answer is "until the admins agree to change them". That is USUALLY preceeded by a moderator resigning, or a community upheaval where they are unhappy with a mod's actions (as has happened before, though it is very rare).

I do think its cute when people do that "voting" thing... *bless* :)

Paddy, why is it YOU that always has these problems? You are ALWAYS complaining about the moderators of this board.
    Snide comments and the like are hardly endearing you to them either. They've a tough job to do (a job you have said you wouldnt be willing to do) and they are human.

Personally I think the IOFFL mods have been some of the best we have had on Boards, both past *and* present, and it would take a lot to change my mind.

DeV.

By the way, I think Dusty and sceptre are fine just where they are. I think they should be made do it even if they don't want to. With whips and chains and stuff*.

adam

*Although this may encourage sceptre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Thats it from absolute high then

Now the MODS have no option but to control Paddy20....and be seen to control Paddy20 more to the point.

Very Gnomic Dev

M

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Arrghh. I get a text message in work for this ?:)

I think Devore answered your question Paddy. Admin is probably the best forum to follow this up if you want.

Originally posted by DC
    threadclosed.gif

Now can we get back to discussing the topics in hand?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement