Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

StarCraft League

Options
  • 20-08-1999 9:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭

Ok So far the list of people are -

Draco and Bramble
    Devore and Regi
    Suds and Fiend
    MindPhuck and Dog
    Neurotic and Cooloid

We kinda need another few teams to make this worthwhile.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Interested but as yet unconfirmed:

(so someone hassle them)

H_K and Pred ?
    Kiigan
    Despoiler
    Obi (were you interested or just posting?)
    Graysson - I'll find out tonight.. but I'd say yes
    Bic - also a good possibility
    Nemmie (wants a game, will you play in the League?)

-=RAVEN=-
    Elexes
    Adra (online only)
    Vagga

that's another 6 potential teams, so register.. an 11 team league wouldn't be too bad.

Suds! What about those dozen or so pals? (alternate personality facets don't count...)

Draco - How about the weenies (or the older ones) in the CyberX?

Basically, it doesn't matter if they are regulars on the boards, more teams = better league.

sorry if I missed anyone, or double counted.

J.

hmmm, by 'hassle', I meant ask them. Basically get an answer from them, maybe they haven't read the boards lately, or think that the original 'Sounds Cool' post is enough to show that they will turn up for the games, not

'come on, play. play. play in the league'.

I am terminally crap at SC (I'm stuck on the last Terran mission ffs, and as for beating the AI, not when I have three marines, 16 SCVs and the computer not only finds my base but sends a load of those 'spidery' robots and zealots against me. sad.gif . Even tried churning out the marines, but they were picked off as they appeared, never even made it to the bunker. Flying buildings were chased and shot down by the dragoons. in short, a complete failure.).

I shall be an impartial bystander smile.gif (you know, the one all the SC units do drive by shootings on).

An idea would be, if we get an odd number of people, I'll join in to get full 2v2 teams.

yep, six teams is enough for a fun ladder, but wouldn't 12 or 13, played like a soccer tournament with scoring for wins etc be nicer? Not likely, but aim high and take their head off is my motto (well, that's a lie, drink! Fall over! aim for the bowl! is my motto..) tongue.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Nemesis

I would deffo play in the 2 v 2 league.
    But I reckon I should get a decent partner because like i am so crap i make Lolth look like a starship trooper Rommel style.
    I played my first ever online multiplayer game last nite and was beaten after 15 min's.
    for god sake, some team split and take me as a partner and Lolth as the other.To even it up.
    I will deffo play ALL matches regardless how much green goo is kicked from me.
    I'll just take it out on the quakeworld servers on you wink.gif.
    MP must die! (and usually does) smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Loloth. What about you ? who are you teaming up with ?

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Ok, here's my 2 cents.

If people have to be hassled to get into the league they are going to have to be hassled even more to play the games and it will all fall apart.
    If there is someone you knoe who might be interested, please mention this board to them, but dont harrass someone into playing, because they'll not turn up...

Even five teams is grand for a small league, and if those teams stay together we can get a ladder going...

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Nemmy Adra is looking for a partner too.
    you could try her (as long as you dont mind team messages of "!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!")
    smile.gif

DeV

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Kiigan

I am definitely in2 this SC league thing .. but I gotta get a partner. Any1 interested? I am a pretty good Zerg player, am on B.net every night (nick is Kiigan)

BTW can any1 tell me how 2 connect 2 the Ign.ie Bnet server? Ie is there a registry setting I should modify? Sorry if this is covered in an FAQ somewhere. Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭regi

For the time being, we're on Kali...
    Get the IGN Kali client from www.kali.ie , and join us...
    You can find people on irc, at irc.quake.ie in #quake.ie or #starcraft

G'luck

Dan

Yep, Graysson is looking for a partner as well. (I'm just about to have a 4 way melle with him, bramble and someone I've never met before).

Anyway, he'll definitely play in the league.

J.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 Kiigan

Let's make some rules - I think it should be same as the Blizzard Starcraft Tournaments - i.e. maps should be the official Ladder maps, game speed should be Fast, and any cheats will be expelled.

BTW can we clean up all these threads - maybe just have Tournament Discussion and Tournament Signup threads insteads of lots of smaller threads, its too messy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Right. I only have the game because I wont it at a tribes tournament. I only started playing because that mooney fella would not shurrup about it smile.gif. Personally I play games for fun, and nothing else, as long as I know whats going on, and its a laugh I am game for it.

Im on for this. Ive been playing a bit for the last few months versus puter controled dudes

Lets get it on.

I must have a few kali games versus you lads now. get some praccy in I suppose

[This message has been edited by tHE vAGGABOND (edited 25-08-99).]

Advertisement