Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone giving 300 off ready to go

• 29-11-2002 2:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭

I got a form yesterday that says I can get a vodafone live phone
    for 250-sharp Gx10 (with 60yoyo Call Credit)
    320-Nokia 7520 (I think, its the picture one anyways)
    320- the panasonic one

any one else get this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Interesting....have you been with them long or do you spend loads of credit?

We(staff) can get them for family/friends at that price, but I didn't know tey were letting customers avail of it.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭govinda

I got that offer in the post too - the Nokia phone is the 7650.

I've only been with Ready To Go for a month (needed a second number and didn't want a second bill), have spent €30 on credit and (ironically) the price of the 7650 with the RTG offer is cheaper than the upgrade price Vodafone offered me for my contract phone after a full year of bill paying :-):confused: .....guess I'll just put my contract SIM into the RTG upgrade then :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 449 ✭✭spanner_head

yeah a buddy of mine got that offer too.

My mother is vodafone RTG but for some reason my mother has not got that offer :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Repli

I got it too :D
    Its a fuppin brilliant offer.. im gettin the sharp gx10

Originally posted by spanner_head
    yeah a buddy of mine got that offer too.

My mother is vodafone RTG but for some reason my mother has not got that offer :/

I heard they only gave it to the 40000 most active vodafone ready to go users..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

i didn't get one and i'm probably one of their most active users.

i spend around €30 a week on my phone!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Well since I got a contract phone this time last year I've only put about €50 into the RTG one and I got the offer too. Actually I entered their competition to win a camera phone and expected to get some junkmail about offers from that, but nothing yet.

Slightly OT: I've spend a scandalous amount on HSCSD on contract and all they could offer me off an upgrade to a 9210i was an extra €20 based on my calls and €20 for upgrading over the web (only I couldn't as the web form wouldn't work). They put the upgrade price up from €669 to €729 the week before I upgraded so I was not impressed. Got it anyway and it died four weeks to the day. Don't get me started about trying to get it fixed and the Communicaid people who refused to believe it didn't come with a memory card...

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I got it too, though neither my sister or mother got it. I spend about €20 per week on RTG. The Sharp, which I don't like is the only one offered at €249. The Nokia and Panny are both €329 or something. I have considered it but it won't be any good to me unless people I know get these phones too. Otherwise, i've nobody to send the piccys to!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭kevinmcc

I didnt get the form either though my sister got it. I rang up and complained and the woman said about 1300 people were picked at random. Somehow I think thats a pile of bullsh*t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Tony_ire

Is this offer limited to the people they sent it to or would there be a way of using this offer if u haven't been sent it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭phreak

Originally posted by Tony_ire
    Is this offer limited to the people they sent it to or would there be a way of using this offer if u haven't been sent it?

i want to know the same thing. a friend of mine was sent it and i need to know if i can use it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Yeah anyone (whose 087) can use it

I gave the vouch to my bro, I went in with him and got it
    he put the chip in the phone, registered with vodafone and got his 60euro credit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Tony_ire

I don't know anyone who got the voucher, and would be v.happy if i knew a way of getting one, anyone? or my last hope would be to just ring up vodafone and ask them if they will give me the offer. thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

I'll have to have a look around at homwe this evening.

I've been a Ready To Go customer for nearly 5 years now.

Originally posted by Phreak
    i want to know the same thing. a friend of mine was sent it and i need to know if i can use it.
    No u need to bring an an id card or passport to get the phone.. as for ringing and asking them... it doesn't work i tried it they said they only issued them to the most active ready to go users

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Rebel18

I got an upgrade discount offer from vodafone but it was only €10 off their non picture phones.
    I am well disgusted with them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭hacktavist

Does anyone know who i'd ring if someone got one of these but lost it? (i want to use it)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 The'real'Guvnor

Originally posted by seamus
    Interesting....have you been with them long or do you spend loads of credit?

We(staff) can get them for family/friends at that price, but I didn't know tey were letting customers avail of it.....

What would staff pay for a 6310i? IMO it's probably one of the best phones going ATM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

I wonder what the take up on the 300 off promotion is like so far. On one of my rare calls to RTG customer care this evening they asked a number of questions about why I hadn't availed of it. They said they had selected people completely at random for the offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Originally posted by sunbeam
    I wonder what the take up pn the 300 off promotion is like so far.

I don't know about the offer in particular, but the uptake of the new handsets is going beyond expectations. In the first two weeks of launch they had shifted nearly 1000 handsets (about half of which were probably by staff :)) which is very good in a country with such high penetration, and for expensive phones.

• Advertisement
Advertisement