Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My Stolen Fender Story.....;-(

Options
  • 29-11-2002 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    Ok so, some of you guys may have read the thread detailing my unfortunate situation regarding all of my guitar gear being stolen from my car etc etc.

Initially I thought our house insurance would cover it, cause we have an "all risks policy" but the fine print states musical instruments are not covered so needless to say we have realised we have a "nearly all risks policy" (**** you too Sun Alliance).....

Anyway Im not going to be coy here, my situation is this, financially I'm a disaster at the mo in debt up to my eyes and with Christmas comin etc etc I cant afford to replace my stuff so Im going to take on board the suggestion of doing a gig to replace some of my stuff. I was wondering if any of the Bands who I have assisted in the past would be interested in playing this gig to help me out? I will ring Mick In Da 2 and get a date (thanks Mick !!)......he's not answering at the moment but Im sure he's as good as his word.

I really feel like a bit of a prat here but anyone who knows me will tell you that I do work hard for everything I have and my guitar stuff was no different, in fact I sold scratch cards for the ME Trust for the Washburn I used to play that will now be resurected!! Have you any idea how long it takes to do that on 10 % of scratch card sales hahahaaa!!!!!!

So anyone interested in giving me a dig out please let me know if you can play the gig and to everyone else please come along....if I got just enough to replace the guitar ( A Mex fender)I would be delirious and would donate the remainder to charity. In reality I feel a bit guilty doing this but I lost almost 2 grand worth of stuff and will get buttons back from insurance on the Cd's , jacket, watch and other pieces of crap in the car that are covered by poxy Sun Alliance .

All the best, a tad upset

Trev M

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Britnik

The Jessies will be there - whether it is to play or just support...

Anything that we can help with, let us know - it's about time that we repaid you for all you did for us in the past....

keep smiling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Arch

Hey Trev,

I sent you a text there, then realised that your phone might have been one of the stolen items. Really sorry to hear about what happened - let us know if you want any help with anything.
    Cheers,
    Arch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭Steve Conway

. . . and you can rely on myself and my colleagues to give your fundraiser a decent mention - small return for the musical enjoyment you have given us :-)

Can I ask where this happened?

I had my car stolen just over a year ago, by little Fu*&^%ers who got into a chase and crashed it into concrete bollards, destroying it in the process. My replacement car has a dent in the roof where some similar people climbed on top of it and jumped up and down - they broke the mirrors off too.

Pete Reed has had his car broken into and his stuff stolen or trashed twice in the last year.

We know how you feel!

Steve

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭violent*sky

hey man! we'd be more than willing to play or add to the donations box or wotever u want!!!! talk soon man...ciaran

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

Man, that's some sob story! U know I'll be there if you guys do have a fundraising gig. Sure I'm always there anyway! :p
    Hope you're feeling better too. Having the flu is a bitch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

yeah hope ur feeling better to

i offer my support! will be there with bells on (and even if im not ill pay the entry fee)!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭mojopin

Hey Trevor, tom fro beautiful losers here. We'd be up for it . We've been drawing decent crowds so it could end up being an excellent night. Let me know anyway. doorknob@email.com

Cheers

www.beautifullosers.info

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭palmic

hi trevor sorry you aint be able to get me keep trying though you can usually get me after one o clock daytime.....0877777443 cheers mick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Hi All
    Cheers to everyone again for the support , I would appreciate if the Beautiful Losers, Violent Sky and Jessica Insane could play and I will ring Mick today to sort out a date.

Steve Conway,
    Thanks for your continued support , ever reliable and much appreciated, just to answer your question it happened outside my home in Milltown, in the early hours , its sucks so bad cause along with my gear a jacket was stolen with some personal stuff , photos and letters and stuff and funnily enough that's kinda bothering as much as the gear , y'know the fact that some little fecker has their filthy mits on your personal stuff.

Besides the obvious recommendation I would just like to say that Autoglass were very easy to deal with and came to my work to replace my windows hahhaha, they even vacuumed out the car ....how gentlemanly !!

Will keep you posted and a sincere thanks to everyone who has sympathised with me.....having said that worse things can hapen and I have put it all into perspective and have stopped crying into my coffee this morning ;-)

Arch my good man , many thanks for your message, I shall see you on your big day in the Shlebourne!!! oh and best o'luck on that one mate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭violent*sky

trev u gent....we'd love to!!!! hope we can pull a crowd for u!!! should be a good nite by the sounds of it!!!! cheers man...talk to you soon! ciaran #1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Britnik

Nice one Trev.......The Jessies will be there - with bells on!!

It's gonna be one hell of a night....

Looking forward to it already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭mojopin

The Beautiful Losers shall be there also, excellent line-up, cant wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Splinters

thats really really ****ty what happened, i had a similar experience recently myself, i left my spare guitar in the back room voodoo after a gig and it was taken. the thing thats bothering me is that its mainly only the bands that go into that room, id be really dissapointed if i found out it was another band, simply coz with all the bands we've played with theres always been that kinda musicians respect that goes on between bands and to think someone could have knowingly taken my guitar is really upsetting. i realise it was partly my fault for leaving my guitar there for a few days but its still driving me mad to think someone else has my guitar. in case anyone does see it, its a black mexican strat with a fair few dents and bumps on the body. the scratchplate is a kinda patterned bown colour (kinda hard to describe) it was my spare guitar so it hasnt stopped my band but it was also my first guitar and held some VERY sentimental memories. it was in the back room in a black gig bag so i relaise that theres the possibility of someone taking it by accident, if that is the case and anyone knows where it is can they PLEASE let me know at 087 7536667 or email me at kav_dave81@hotmail.com i wouldnt be upset or angry if anyone took it by accident i would just like the guitar back

thanks

dave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

How about a web based database on gigsmartireland.com of peoples guitars, serial numbers and photo's so ppl can check if something is nicked before its purchased?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭Graemo

Dude thats a brilliant idea. Now I vote you plan it, do the projections , get the capitol off the bank set up and manage the site, advirtise it and get make a million. I'd use it.

ps. It'd better be free.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Minerva

wheres santy when ye need him?
    probably at home washing his tights!:mad:

why dont you send a letter to Jimmy Fixit??

Advertisement