Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DAVID LONG WINS iia SOCIAL CONTRIBUTION AWARD.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Irish Internet Association I presume.

Plyd Dave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭obewan

Wel done Dave you deserve it, because you earned it.

Well done to IOFFL as well.

Mick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭Xian

Originally posted by DonegalMan
    let's not forget the membership at large who have made IOFFL the success it is

Agreed. Everyone gets a share of this one. Gerry Mander? Can't say I know the man, officer.

Hats off to ye, Dave. You're a credit to us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Dangger

Wow! I thought the result was low ley !

Where's the leak? :)

I'm sitting here in front the award. It reads: (its engraved with)
    "Definition of Social Contribution:
    Social: having to do with society and its organisation.

Contribute: give something in order to help an undertaking or effort / noun: contribution

(Oxford English Dictionary)

It's recognition for the IrelandOffline crew past and present.

It really means a lot to us (the IOFFL committee), and it would not have been possible without the IOFFL members. THANK YOU!!

Thanks for your support, good wishes and assistance!!!!!!

It's far from over,
    we've still along way to go,
    In the mean time I'm off to the snow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Will there be, or is there already a "Link" to the official list of all the IIA Award winners in all categories?, please.

Paddy20:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Congratulations Dave, thanks for all the effort!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭OHP

I just have 1 word for Dave

"Outstanding"

Keep up the good work Dave.

OHP

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Originally posted by Dangger
    Wow! I thought the result was low ley !

Where's the leak? :)

*cough* You'd be amazed where my spies are :)

(this modern telecommunications stuff is bleedin' great wha?!)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭topgold

Well done to IrelandOffLine! It's worth more than you know when a government minister hands you a plaque thanking you for contributing to the Internet. The British press watched that happen and The Guardian was asking for background info on the campaign. A guy from The Sunday Times asked me if I knew whether this forum was syndicating over RSS because they're interested in watching for a follow-up line. I made a few mobile web log
    (moblog) entries during the event.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭Paddy20

Has the IOFFLL Committee, considered issuing a - Press/All Media - release on this wonderful "NEWS" ??...

Just my 2cs worth.

Best wishes.

Paddy20;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭topgold

With three of Ireland's key journos on the floor (d'Arcy, Smyth and Weckler), three people from ElectricNews in the audience, and accredited journos from two UK titles observing the proceedings, it would've been good to target the attending reporters as well as to have a pre-arranged press release. I think you'll see follow-on coverage as early as Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭Thorbar

Well done dave and IOFFL bout time someone gave ye credit for the all the effort you've put in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Dangger

it would've been good to target the attending reporters as well as to have a pre-arranged press release

Well I did get to talk with some, but it wasn't all work! I had some down time too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

if i wasn't offline i'd have posted sooner. Well done dave and ioffl

Advertisement