Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreamcast?

Options
  • 25-08-1999 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭

Got a dreamcast emulator a while ago off the web, but havent been able to find any roms anywhere. Anyone know if theres any out there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭TinCool

I seriously doubt there are roms for it since it's a cd based console. So like the playstation emu's out there you'll probably need the cd games in order to run it

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I saw Dreamcast on the TV this morning. The console is selling for $199 and you can bet that they will be the Christmas Furby of '99.

Normally I don't like consoles cause they suck. smile.gif However I would have to say I was pretty much blown away by the level of resolution and smoothness of the game they showed (American Football one).

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭tibor

Played one they had out in UCI in blanchardstown, it rocks sooo much. smile.gif

It gonna use GCD's tho? So whats the point in an Emulator CD-Roms cant read them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭mobius

Yeah, but what about the Playstation2 ?
    I've seen some pic's and WOW.
    Saw a Dreamcast running in Virgin and people were playing a pretty little version of Sonic The Hedgehog, ffs.
    The same $hit's gonna' happen to the Dreamcast as happened to the Saturn, all the quality developers will bugger off and work on something better.

Get muppited at:
    http://www.gibworld.com/mobius

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Helv

All the big game developers have already said that from what they have heard about the psx2 (i.e Sonys claims), that it will be "the" console to support and that they see no long term future with Dreamcast

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Asuka

tibor has a point... dreamcast emulators will require (very large) roms. Either that or you could try taking a scissors to your gigidisc tongue.gif

Alternatively, files on the gigidisc could be compressed more in a way that the emulator can decompress them, and then copied onto cd.

Imnot a techie person, so there probably is some fatal flaw in my plan. sunglasses.gif

Asuka

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭mobius

Sega Europe have always been beaten by their competitors:
    'Master System' Vs 'NES'
    'GameGear' Vs 'GameBoy'
    'Megadrive' Vs 'SNES'
    'Saturn' Vs 'PSX' + 'N64'
    Looks like quite a losing streak!
    It doesn't look good for the Dreamcast does it?

Not only were most of the games for Saturn completely $hite, but the console itself was barely able to handle something as simple as Tomb Raider(1), simply because the console was rushed for an early release.
    And SEGA are doing it again ffs.

Get muppited at:
    http://www.gibworld.com/mobius

Advertisement