Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

McDowell vs Doyle , handbags drawn

Options
  • 29-11-2002 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭

In the following ODTR discussion the USO Directive is commented upon last.......well actually least I suspect as most of the document is about ED getting her pound of flesh from the Operators .......

Here is the very end of the ODTR Consultation Statement (it is a quote from the Framework Directive which was agreed by the EU Commission pre 911 and is shortly to become integral to Irish Law).

I would point McDowell to section C thereof and section F (precludes your signing up to Echelon Mick, sorry about that)........... I would also expect that Etain will make a clear statement on the gross incompatibility between the EU framework and McDowells proposal in re R.I.P. In fact I expect to hear Etain make a clear statement on what a Universal Service Obligation is in this day and age ....like your own exclusive copper pair or a else a 50% rebate on your line rental for example.

Lets see if she can explain Section B to Chorus and NTL in ONE sentence while we are at it!
    4. The national regulatory authorities shall promote the interests of the citizens of the European Union by inter alia:
    (a) ensuring all citizens have access to a universal service specified in Directive 2002/22/EC (Universal Service Directive);
    (b) ensuring a high level of protection for consumers in their dealings with suppliers, in particular by ensuring the availability of simple and inexpensive dispute resolution procedures carried out by a body that is independent of the parties involved;
    (c) contributing to ensuring a high level of protection of personal data and privacy;
    (d) promoting the provision of clear information, in particular requiring transparency of tariffs and conditions for using publicly available electronic communications services;
    (e) addressing the needs of specific social groups, in particular disabled users; and
    (f) ensuring that the integrity and security of public communications networks are maintained.

Consult on that then Etain!

M

Advertisement