Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Brian Kerr declares his interest.

• 29-11-2002 7:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭

Earlier today the under age footie manager Brian Kerr
    made his case to be the Republics manager. Here's hoping...

Mike.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

I heartily endorse this manager/applicant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Gwan God !!!!! cough cough umm Kerr yeah thats his name :D

KdjaC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

G'wan the Kerr!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 84 ✭✭Silavar

Yeah, i think he would be a good manager..... well anything to get rid of the care-taker manager atm :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

The logical choice really. The fact that the only negative comment about him has come from an anonymous FAI source speaks volumes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,064 ✭✭✭BKtje

i wonder if he can do it at the highest level tho..

i'd still prefer Dalglish or Kinnear or someone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 640 ✭✭✭knobbles

ye, i'd like to see him in the set-up but i'd worry about him being the #1 because the highest level factor.

Also, he'd be very difficult to replace at youth level which is very important - look at the international experience of duff and keane,
    you could say Kerr had a big impact on the confidence those two showed in Japan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I would like to see him as a Steve Mc Laren type position to Kenny or something like that. I would not object to him getting the number one job, I think he has earned the right, but I would prefer to see him get a little more senior experience first.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Have to agree, he is top notch, given great service to Ireland and has the knowledge, unproven at senior level, but mcfarty had feck all exp I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

re The Highest level factor, what has Joe Kinnear done at the highest level? Oh yes, got Wimbledon relegated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

No he didn't. Wimbledon's decline coincided with him leaving the club. What him did do was win two manager of the year awards.

Advertisement