Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 2000 Reg Details How to Change Them?

• 29-11-2002 10:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭

I have a Ghost Image made up of W2K, What I need to do is change the Registered to part, as I have different companies with the same spec PC'S, I have looked in the registery but I cant find its location. I know how to do this in Win98

Does anyone know where the reg key is located??

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Run regedit

Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion

You'll have a key in the right pane for "Registered Owner" and "Registered Organisation"

Just double-click on these to open, change and bob's your uncle

(usual disclaimer about editing the registry: may be bad, may do bad things, may screw up your credit rating)

(nice of you to bother going to the trouble btw - some people (like me:D) do get annoyed at finding out their real name is OEM Customer")

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

There are settings for this under HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer

Try doing a search in regedit (rather than regedt32) for the registered to name

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭tech

Cheers lads,

Now How do I setup an account to auto logon, is there Tweak 2K ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

TweakUI (or pretty much any tweaking tool) would allow you to do that.

The easiest way though is probably to go to the Users and Passwords applet in Control Panel.

There's a tick box there - "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer". Untick that and it will ask you which account you want to be automatically logged on. Probably the simplest way (the option to log off and log on as someone else is still there when the nice administrator wants to fix the machine).

Advertisement