Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Internet 718+721 errors

Options
  • 30-11-2002 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else getting 718+721 errors on UTVIP tonight? None of my settings have changed....takes ages to verify username+password then gives these errors. Dials up fine with Indigo and Eircom....have re-installed the connection with no luck :-(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

well they sent me a letter so i presume every utv customer got one, saying they were fixing the lines between 12 midnight and 8 this morning - to improve service

they had given me some prefix to put in front of my usual number 4 digits and calls would be charged at eircom price with the usual line rental bill...now thats if i couldn't connect but no worries over here

:D

should be back to business as usual :D

p.s

try checking your pop3 utv address, they probably sent one there

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by theciscokid
    well they sent me a letter so i presume every utv customer got one, saying they were fixing the lines between 12 midnight and 8 this morning - to improve service

There was no upgrade scheduled for last night. Read the mail again.

Was getting those errors most of last night, and had to use Indigo instead. Even this morning I can connect but it seems slower than usual...

?

?

"A major upgrade will be completed on the nevada network this weekend, commencing on Saturday 30 November at midnight and continuing through until Sunday at around 9am. This change is another significant step in the process of enhancing and developing the core network switching platforms, to offer increased resilience and stability to the service provided to our customers."

Originally posted by eth0_
    "A major upgrade will be completed on the nevada network this weekend, commencing on Saturday 30 November at midnight and continuing through until Sunday at around 9am. This change is another significant step in the process of enhancing and developing the core network switching platforms, to offer increased resilience and stability to the service provided to our customers."

maybe they started early?

• Advertisement

maybe they started early?

Nope, they didn't. I spoke to Carl about it and hopefully should get the problem sorted. That said, haven't gotten those errors this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm on indigo right now as utvip wont play ball - just engaged all the time...

Mike.

Same here! Getting seriously pissed off with UTV this past few days. Thank god I should have DSL in January.

Had a three hour power cut this afternoon, now I can't get online to the service i'm paying them for! *tears hair out*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Same for me, been trying to get on for 20 minutes :(

not good, going to ring support now...

Paul

Originally posted by flamegrill

not good, going to ring support now...

Paul

Let us know what they say, will you?

• Advertisement

Spoke to Charles...

They are not near capacity apparently, so them have put the blame with nevada tele. It seems that the problem is with them.

Will ring again in a bit and find out if there is more info.

Paul

Sounds dodgy. Where in the country are you? I'm in Drogheda and still getting engaged tones. arrrghhh

im down in the 0503 area, but afaik its irrelevant because the POP is in dublin so people from all over ROI dial in to one POP.

Still nothing.

Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

Couldn't connect at all today in Mayo :(

Still nothing from them

Spoke to Charles again, and everything seems to be working. Last nights upgrade by nevada Tele didnt go ahead either so its not that, unless they stopped for some reason in the middle of it or something. But he assured me it didnt go ahead.

Also i think people who drop connections wont be able to re-connect tonight.

he has only recieved 3 phone calls thou, which is a bit if a balls :P

Paul

p.s maybe join #utvip.ie on quakenet (IRC - ign.ie.quakenet.org)
    I'm in there now....

I'm back on utvip right now. :)

So you can all log off and re-connect ;)

Mike.

Uh no, i'm sure you've been kicked off by now as I was. Getting error 718 AGAIN when I try and re-connect.

Back online with good old reliable indigo!

I got dropped alright (I could feel it comming for about 2 mins oh, er missus ;) ) but re-connected first time! :D

Mike.

Advertisement