Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driver 3 - going all format

Options
  • 30-11-2002 1:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭

"Infogrames has announced that it will be publishing versions of the wildly anticipated Driver 3 for PlayStation 2, Xbox, PC and GameCube - excellent news for all gamers.

Developed by UK-based Reflections, the Driver series invented mission-based driving and triggered the penchant for crime sprees currently in full swing throughout the industry.

“The success of the Driver franchise is an historic milestone in the gaming industry. Driver 3 on the PS2, Xbox, GameCube and PC will undoubtedly take the franchise to another level of success and gaming experience,” said Larry Sparks, Vice president of European Marketing at Infogrames. Thanks for that, Larry.

Expect to see Driver 3 for all formats in Quarter 1 of next year."

in case you care

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Developed by UK-based Reflections, the Driver series invented mission-based driving and triggered the penchant for crime sprees currently in full swing throughout the industry.

Wasnt Grand Theft Auto out before it, and further back Chase HQ and Spy Hunter

Never really liked the Driver Series of games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Loved pt1 2 was a bit crap for some reason.

Its like road rash in a car :D

Btw i hate all car games which involve racing ,getting into 1st place and doing 87 laps perfectly new lap records on each one.

Then one little bump off a wall a slight spin and WHOA your in last ...

God i hate that :(

KdjaC

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭theciscokid

ditto - loved driver 1

roll on mario kart ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

Originally posted by KdjaC

Ugh there's nothing more frustrating :mad:
    I loved Driver 1, although no 2 on the PS was very disappointing - it was far too demanding for the hardware at some points, frame rates dropped and made the game quite unplayable. That sort of thing is inexcusable on a console methinks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Originally posted by KdjaC
    Loved pt1 2 was a bit crap for some reason.

Its like road rash in a car :D

Btw i hate all car games which involve racing ,getting into 1st place and doing 87 laps perfectly new lap records on each one.

KdjaC
    Oh come on, who didnt love the 2-3 hour long races in gran turismo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭spooky donkey

Well it has been said that Driver 2 beat gta 3 to the getting outa yer car and shooting peole and getting back in the 3rd persone universe!

Great to see the game comming out on all formats, be nice to see more games like that come out on all formats so we can all discuss them here equally!

Advertisement