Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skyjack/Speedman Dec 15th Dorans

Options
  • 30-11-2002 3:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭

Skyjack take a break from recording the follow up to their critically acclaimed "Blister" EP to play their last gig of the year in Eamonn Dorans on Sunday December 15th.Admission is 8 euro. Support comes from Dublin indie rockers Speedman.

See why Skyjack deserve "bucketloads of cedibility, if not stardom" according to Total Guitar magazine, when the band debut some new material from the upcoming mini album (working title: All Within) in which they experiment with complex arrangements and dynamics whilst still retaining an ear for a catchy melody.

"Give it a name", the lead track from the new mini album is available free from
    mp3.com

If you're sick of second rate rock, pop punk and metal, and you like your music quirky yet catchy, aggressive yet dynamic, this gig is for you.

www.skyjackmusic.com

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,072 ✭✭✭Sandi

I'm there... I can hear the music in my brain already...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭the66electric

Good to Speedman back after Paul's 'unfortunate' finger slicing episode...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

get up there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Minerva

yeh...I too thought the original post was a little vague!
    but now, after that adjustment, I am G O I N G!
    ;)

...it should be rockin......:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭manofspeed

Yeah, we’re back, although i have to play with a rubber thimble on my damn finger hahaha

...and its in fact €6 euro in, so all you people have no excuse...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

Shameless bump. Sorry :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Please note the bumping runs the risk of being bumped off!

duly noted Brian. Fanj do i know you boyo?? if so hows it goin??

coming to the gig?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭Niall S.

This is on this Sunday, bring you ma, your cat and your money cause its gonna be a stormer.

Niall.

This is tonight people, don't miss it, if you wanna hear what a band is spose to sound like here is a learning oppurtunity for ya.

Niall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

Definitely what a band should behave like in terms of proffesionalism, don't dress like em though, you'll never have sex EVER again!

Lol Tom! The poor guys... Contrary to your opinion though, I think David has looked quite nice any time I've seen him! :D
    Sean however...that's another story :p C'yall tonight!

Anybody who did not make it to this gig, shame on you.....

It was f**kin killer, skyjack were brilliant, didn't see any of speedman due to my door responsibilities, but they sounded pretty hot aswell.

Skyjack had the best sound I have ever heard from a band in Dorans, really cool.

I am sure that they will be giggin non stop for their album release next year, if you miss them you'll be the worse for it.

Don't say that I didn't warn you.............

Niall.

P.S. got to meet the infamous Sandi too.

The gig did indeed rawk!
    Niall, we met in Dorans on Thursday after the gig...but you probably don't remember that too well what with the flow of booze and whatnot...:p

No I remember saying hello and not much after that comes to mind, I did remember you on Sunday aswell, but that was the first time we actually got to chat.

So then, where are all the rest of you hiding??????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

It was a class gig, I'd never seen skyjack play before and I was very impressed.

Speedman as usual were awesome, good to see them back after Paul’s injury.

Advertisement