Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Season

• 01-12-2002 12:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭

What was in your opinion the best season of Sein? I enjoyed them all but IMO its season 4. Season 1-3 were very good but season 4 was the icing on the cake, not only did it produce classic eps Contest Outing Pick to name a few but also there was a strong bond between the cast and the storylines were classically and expertly woven. In the post David era(season 8+9) you could see a change i.e the lack of his creative input was evident but It still mantained to be consistently funny, of course you couldn't replace what David has created, the nuances, the language but the show added what he had created and still gave us lots of laughs, The Yada Yada and Bizarro Jerry are 2 fine examples.
    what would have happened if George had married Susan? somehow I don't think it would have worked.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

I hadnt really ever picked a fav season, but thinking about it now season 4 prolly marked the watershed...
    Elevating the show from greatness to Iconic status in the eyes of its viewers.

Looking down at the list there are some real gems.
    While all the seasons had great eps, the string of consecutive classics I think was prolly unmatched....

The Trip (1)
    The Trip (2)
    The Pitch
    The Ticket
    The Wallet (1)
    The Watch (2)
    The Bubble Boy
    The Cheever Letters
    The Opera
    The Virgin
    The Contest
    The Airport
    The Pick
    The Movie
    The Visa
    The Shoes
    The Outing
    The Old Man
    The Implant
    The Junior Mint
    The Smelly Car
    The Handicap Spot
    The Pilot (1)
    The Pilot (2)

--
    The notion of George not being a bachelor would have been weird alright. Although I dont dislike Susan, her character had gone a bit stale before her "expiration" ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭smuckers

In a way Susan is like Cheryl David.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

Are you suggesting Cheryl Needs to be killed off in Season 4 of CYE !!??

Granted, she does moan at poor Larry alot :p

--
    Surely she could come a cropper in some manner or means in the new "Murder Capital" of America :p

lol Cheryl is great with LD the way she always has to keep in order. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭seveb

season 7 was the best for me - even though all the seasons were excellent - season 7 had the most classics - the season starts off with george & jerry deciding to change their lives by getting married - george asked susan to marry him but jerry doesn't keep his part of the deal - the whole season revolves around george's hate for susan.
    classic episodes like 'the soup nazi', 'the secret code', 'the sponge', 'the gum', 'the rye', 'the shower head', 'the calzone' and 'the bottle deposit' - all are classics - it is the season i'd watch the most.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭seveb

oh yeah, don't kill off cheryl david - man i think she's hot - she does most of the show improvised - you've got to give her alot of respect for that - wait until you see season 3 - she's hot!

Cheryl is a bit of all right season 2 The Thong ,wearing the bikini ohh la la some body on her.
    I love seaso 7 George getting engaged to Susan then regretting 5 mins later.

Jer: "You love Susan right?
    George: Yeah
    Jer: you wanna spend the rest of your life with her don't ya?
    George: Yeah

Advertisement