Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Magazine that *might* be worth buying

• 01-12-2002 2:42am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

Lads (and lasses).....

I'm not pimping a commercial offering here (honest DeV) but Edge Magazine have a Special edition out December 4th entitled 'Retro' devoted to old-skool gaming.

Might be worth a read?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Superfurry

The new Games TM magazine also has an excellant Retro section that they promise will be a regular feature.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

Well, I couldn't get hold of Edge's Retro mag for love nor money here in Cork, so I took Superfurry's advice and bought Games™. It's a bloody good read and the Retro section is very extensive. If they keep their word and have a substantial Retro section every month, I'll certainly keep buying it!:D :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

A friend of mine did the Edge cover. It's absolutely stunning so I'll be getting it for that alone.

Looked all over the place for it in Limerick but with no success.

The GamesTM retro section was reasonable but the Edge special will be better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

I got a copy of Edge 'Retro' last Saturday- Easons on Patrick Street (Cork) had a stack of them.

It's a bloody good read I have to say although the (typical bloody Edge) focus on obscure Japanese titles wasn't all that great.

They do have a 2-page spread on Elite (which earns Kudos) and a fascinating article on the making of ZZap!64 magazine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Jimi-Spandex

Theres plenty of copies of Edge Retro in Easons Limerick, got mine on Sat.

I must say its quality, worth the €9.42 for the front cover alone. My fav. is the article/interview with the creator of Robotron 2084 and defender. oh the memories!

• Advertisement
Advertisement