Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems viewing Irelandoffline.org IE6

Options
  • 01-12-2002 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭

I've never been able to view any of the pages in the "Articles" menu down the side of the front page, or get past the "Home Page" or "Press Pack" links in IE6.. They just loop back to the same welcome page..

Had to download Mozilla to just to view them. Can't understand what the problem is..

All the links that don't work are in this format:
    http://www.irelandoffline.org/home/index.php?topic=********

The "staticpages" links do work though..
    Anyone got any ideas on what's wrong?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Originally posted by David C
    I've never been able to view any of the pages in the "Articles" menu down the side of the front page, or get past the "Home Page" or "Press Pack" links in IE6.. They just loop back to the same welcome page..

Had to download Mozilla to just to view them. Can't understand what the problem is..

All the links that don't work are in this format:
    http://www.irelandoffline.org/home/index.php?topic=********

The "staticpages" links do work though..
    Anyone got any ideas on what's wrong?

Make sure Cookies are enabled for that site. IE6 can specify what sites are allowed to add cookies to your machine and if their cookies are blocked the links will continue to loop back to the main page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭David C

Got it in one lfcfan!
    I had IE6 set to block 3rd party cookies and for whatever reason, Irelandoffline had been added to the "Always Block" list in the cookies settings..

Can access the site in full now.. great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Fuzzbucket

Originally posted by daveirl
    You should be using Mozilla anyway!! :)

Indeed - see my sig! :)
    Opera 7 looks like a good option atm as well. Just whatever you do, please ditch IE for the sake of your sanity, security and convenience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement