Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ComReg replaces ODTR

Options
  • 01-12-2002 11:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 293 ✭✭

Flat rate is around the corner (hopefully)!

http://www.comreg.ie/

"The Commission for Communications Regulation (ComReg) established on 1 December 2002 replacing the Office of the Director of Telecommunications Regulation (ODTR). The Commission consists of three Commissioners: Chairperson, Etain Doyle, John Doherty and Isolde Goggin. "

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Etain Doyle, John Doherty and Isolde Goggin

Who are the lst 2??

More puppets??

kdjaC

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

This should be interesting...I wonder will anything change apart from the name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

It would be good if a comreg rep would stop by boards.ie, it would show a wilingness to push forward flat rate internet and might get many ioffl members on their side

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭topgold

The civil servants I've talked to are intimidated by boards.ie and won't stop to lurk. They're confused by the brash ruminations. But they will read a briefing book of IrelandOffline board threads if they're packaged in a printed and indexed format.

Bernie
    Wireless Information Network Kilkenny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Dangger

and won't stop to lurk

Well there are some who do stop by the odd time, they're definitely not all intimidated! ;)
    But they will read a briefing book of IrelandOffline board threads if they're packaged in a printed and indexed format.

Now there's a project, a tough one though!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

actually it wouldnt be that difficult if you knew someone like cloud or devore that had access to the boards.ie server. they could do it. I mean each thread has a printable version, so it would be is a step up from that. mark out the important threads on a list and then index them its a pdf file or something. It would take a while but wouldnt really be that difficult i dont think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭Balfa

That shows great promise if our telecomms regulator prefers to do things by paper :/

[Humongous sig edited - see here please - Dustaz]

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭topgold

Well, they want to read a briefing book so I think a few of us should consider ramping up that as a project with a January 2003 delivery date. Consider it a "State of Ireland Offline Report" and avail it for PDF download.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Might be an idea Bernie.

Personally I think it's a little pathetic that they again want to read a sanitised and edited version of what people think - and want to read it as a single final document rather than a dynamic snapshot of people's views, ideas and frustrations. They're intimidated too much even to drop by and read (even without identifying themselves)? Good. Why they're intimidated is a matter for them and their invisible rabbit friends but if they honestly feel they can't defend their performance at least they honestly feel they can't defend their performance.

(they do drop by from time to time btw)

Having said that, I'll be happy to help if needed with making a nice PDF of whatever for the incoming commission, if that's the only way they'll consider officially reading it. They should be well aware however, that all official statements are made by the committee on the irelandoffline.org website. What they'll be receiving from here is an edited (read "censored" if you like) version of points made by regular people (it's not even good as a sample as it'll be based strictly on an opt-in membership -something no reputable market research company would touch)

btw welcome to the forum Bernie - I've quite enjoyed your postings on the Open list.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Hannibal_12

Is it just me or are the colours on the new site (comreg) strangely similar to the old ODTR site. Perhaps that answers the question onwhether they will bring anything new to the table.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 JimHacker

CHANGE IN COMREG? Mabye -= i wouldnt hold my breadth.

The key is the new Policy Direction from the Minister for Communications. If these are specific and strong enough to stop Etain Doyle/Eircom/Esat et al dithering then mabye there will be change?

Will IrelandOffline input into the consultation on the Direction - I think there'll be a few weeks for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

Is it just me or are the colours on the new site (comreg) strangely similar to the old ODTR site.

the words "deckchairs", "rearrange" and "Titanic" come to mind

Advertisement