Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linux ISDN (TigerJet 300 Card) - HELP!

Options
  • 01-12-2002 6:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭

I have been trying for ages to get my ISDN card to work in Linux. I am at my wits end and would like to hear if anyone has been able to get a similar card working, or at least tell me that it is not possible.

The card I have is the Trust Internal ISDN 128 PCI Card, which according to Windows XP is really the TigerJet 300 Chipset.

Now this is where it gets complicated (deep breath). According to both Mandrake 8.2 and 9.0 the card is the NetJet card. Despite seeming to find the card all right, Mandrake then cannot connect with it. I am not completely sure of the connection between TigerJet and NETJet, but what I can gather is that NETJet is an Austrialian card based on the US TigerJet (see http://www.traverse.com.au).

According to ISDN4Linux the NETJet card is supported by the HiSax chipset module. I have tried to modprobe the "hisax" module with the NETJet card type (20) but the module cannot find the card. The only thing I can think of is that the card uses IRQ 10 which is also used by my USB Controller (though in a modern system that shouldn't really matter).

Anyway ... does anyone have a Trust/TigerJet/NETJet card working under Mandrake?

Please help, Linux is pretty useless without an internet connection.:(

Advertisement