Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Was any1 at the manakin launch on friday in TBMC?

Options
  • 01-12-2002 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 47

It was a deadly nite! wat did you think??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭polarbelly

i saw 2 of manakin doing their launch in tower

and all i can say is

a cover, of the calling "if i could then i would blah blah blahh"

in public

why?

sin é

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 THE BEGTETS

its things like that that will get you enemies in this town.
    i wonder what the nice staff at tower thought of that cover.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭the66electric

Jesus, thats an 'interesting' cover version.

Why didn't they cover 'I'm still Jenny from the block' in that case?

66e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

Mick,

if i remember rightly...which isnt reliable,
    but at your house party a while back, didst thou and thine not cover the calling?!?!!

althought to do it in public at a launch?

i have some cyanide,that would be less painful.

you know,a less painful way of suicide.

you people... my wit is lost...me and wilde,i tell you what.

im going to shag to the royal tennenbaums now,thats how HIGH brow i am.

i love you mick!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

hmmm...im not highbrow at all. if i were going to shag to a film, it'd be something like cruel intentions...not too cheap, and not tooo classy ;)

• Advertisement

the only classy cover i know is shakira 'underneath your clothes' and that is kept for very VERY special viewings only... i must admit though if i could play the calling i would play it everywhere:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,287 ✭✭✭thedrowner

pop songs are ****ing brilliant when you do them accoustic, and maKE THEM A BIT MORE MINOR-Y THAN MAJOR-Y (oops, sorry)(too lazy to ix it) stuiff like britney spears-hot me baby one more time, and ronan keating stuff. when im famous im going to cover them all.,....ha ha ha ha ha ha!

but yes i do realise this was not a piss take, but an actual cover of the calling. leave them be and let them do what they want its a freeeeeee world. (yes i do know someone in the band)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 gloria

geez, you think the calling was bad? you should have heard the Creed cover they tormented us with 2 songs later
    *shudder*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 406 ✭✭the66electric

Right **** this. I dont know how a band excepts to gain any respect by covering Creed and the Calling. I'm sorry to be harsh, but ****ing wake up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭Gar_ptc

NO!
    i will make-a-the love- with the royals in the background....
    or did,rather....from working in a video store,i woud not dis use videos or dvd s in such a manner!

i once found a pube in a dvd box......eeww

mick there totally WAS a cover of some calling song in yours that blurry night!might it have been gav?

• Advertisement

might very well have been... gav has a penchant for being able to play all the most brilliant poptastic tunes

Advertisement