Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ODTR says telecom service quality levels have remained stable

Options
  • 01-12-2002 9:56pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

ENN (29/11/02)
    Telecoms regulator Etain Doyle has said that the quality of service performance levels of Ireland's telecom operators has remained stable. Figures to back up this comment were contained in the ODTR's latest benchmarking report covering the period January to June 2002. Despite the stability, the regulator said there is room for improved performance across the industry. Doyle also said that she expected telecom operators who had failed to submit data for the report to comply in future reports. "If consumers are to derive the maximum benefit from this report it is essential that each operator provides the complete set of data required under the programme," she said. Her announcement comes just days before the ODTR morphs into the more powerful ComReg.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

(Same site, same page.)
    BT said it now has 500,000 ADSL broadband customers and it hopes to pass the one million mark by next summer. The firm's ultimate goal is to reach five million ADSL customers by 2006. BT says currently around 34,000 new customers are signing up every week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by dahamsta
    ENN (29/11/02)

fault clearance times for analogue lines which is most of the national stock, has disimproved.

She aggregated the figures for Chorus and NTL in with ESAT and Wrldcom Chorus and NTL figures would be interesting to read in their own right as I suspect they bear no relationship to reality.

M

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

FYI, I posted this with a modicum of spite, since Chorus is effed up nationwide tonight. So much for the deal she cut with them.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 14,400 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

the problem here isn't fault fixing it's network improvements
    my phone was up in a daya nd a half after someone took out the line and a telegraph pole (which i think is pretty good) or maybe thats just donegal.
    Esp. compared to BT in UK.
    again what i'm more inmterested is in the network being sorted so it can take DSL etc. no figures from the ODTR on that one what about DSL line test failure rates?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Originally posted by dahamsta
    [bDoyle also said that she expected telecom operators who had failed to submit data for the report to comply in future reports

I don't suppose €ircon were the company who didn't bother to supply data?

• Advertisement
Advertisement