Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cancel Christmas... Operation ****Flow is back!

Options
  • 01-12-2002 10:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

I just heard that operation 'freeflow' (which we all know and love as the more commonly known *gridlock by any other name*) is back in operation again from this weekend.

I'm told a change moritorium has been placed on non-essential roadworks/repairs during this period to help 'improve the traffic flow'.

Beats me how they get away with this **** every year. Most days Dublin is pure gridlock anyway, but once the acne faced lads from templemore get on to the case for christmas, the whole thing goes to hell and back in a handbasket.

Come the day of the revolution ... etc etc etc.

c0y0te:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

I seen today 2 ppl getting stopped for speeding on the stillorgan dual carrageway! hehe, one of them was a new beamer :D I suspect its the freeflow operation that caught them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭nanook

ok. operation free flow my arse, traffic is worse than ever, even when the schools came back it was not as bad as this morning, nothing and i mean nothing was moving in anyway.

bring back the road works then at least we can blame somthing

Nassau Street was perticularly heavy today around 11:45 am. Like rush hour ????? When I finally got to the bit were it curves to the left, some garda started to pointing me in the direction of the bus lane ???????????? WTF? When I did what she wanted me to do, I ended up holding up 2 buses..... ARGH !!!!!

I would not be supprised to see half of the gard's that are directing traffic not even holding a driving licence themselfs ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

In my opinion, if the guards have to go and physically direct trafic, does that not mean that the light sequences are not up to scratch? Like I thought that there was a science to the way the sequences go, to keep trafic flowing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Originally posted by ando
    I seen today 2 ppl getting stopped for speeding on the stillorgan dual carrageway! hehe, one of them was a new beamer :D I suspect its the freeflow operation that caught them

They're are usually cops there. I've seen loads of people getting stung for speeding.
    Oh and heading towards town there is always a grey or white or black van parked on the grass with a speed camera in the back. In fact when you drive past it you can see the camera. I bet they catch a **** load of people with that.

I taught them vans had to be green, and only green?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

nope, they now have them in a few colours, clever b*stards!

Advertisement