Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chorus :(

• 02-12-2002 12:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hello all, first post here...was wondering if anyone can help me with some info before i go complaining to chorus (c**ts).

I won't even start with the picture quality that i never got last night because it was a bit windy.

Ok, got the chorus digital package about 2-3 months ago....was going to go for sky, but due to reasons that seemed good at the time i went chorus. Was up visiting my friend in limerick at the weekend only to find that he has about 10 channels more than me on the basic package (granada +, vh1 etc). Am i being screwed here? Tried looking at the chorus website but they have it forwarding for some new broadband stuff that they are trying to sell instead of the digital packages.

I believe i have to wait a year before i can terminate the contract with them...roll on the next 9 months...

Can anyone help? Has anyone had bad experiences with them too?

One other thing, reading some threads here, is it possible to get bbc scotland as well as bbc ni on the digital box?

cheers
    rsb.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭ozpass

This needs to be in the "Cable / MMDS / Broadband" board (I'm certain one of our friendly mods will move it).

I am also cursed with Chorus's D-MMDS service. Being based in Waterloo Terrace I receive my feed from airport hill. Wasn't last night just the worst you have ever seen? I gave up in the end and hooked up an aeriel to get the terrestrial channels in crystal-clear analogue!

It's back to its norm this morning, but that's nothing to shout about. If you are receiving your feed from airport hill like myself, have you noticed a cyclical 'glitch' that interrupts the picture and sound every three to four seconds on all channels but CH4? I've been wrestling with Chorus for the last 6 weeks to have this matter remedied but they're refusing to do anything (apparently due to a new radar system at the airport) and, unbelievably, REFUSING TO REFUND ANY MONEY OR REDUCE MY BILL!

The package that your friend has sounds like the TV4 add-on to the basic lineup which costs €12 or thereabouts. Maybe it is included in the basic package in Limerick or, more likely, the Chorus monkeys have enabled it by mistake and their 'back of a fag packet' accounting procedures have failed to detect this mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Glitz

wel, at least you HAD channels las nite/yesterday!!! mine were gone since yesterday at 3 and still nuting 2day!!! hello!! you try ringing them and theres no answer.....what kinda business is that ment to b i ask you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭dmeehan

my sky dish wobbled every now and then last night in the gusts, but thankfully it wasnt moved permanently

how much is the chorus basic digi package? the sky "family pack" is E26.99 a month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 rsb

they are disgraceful. the picture we had last night was blocky to say the least, we tried to watch it but after 5 minutes we were experiencing headaches due to crap and inconsistent quality (quality? ha!). They should be hung up by their nether regions and be forced to watch their own failings...

I do experience a bit of blockyness on daily basis but I don't think it is just one specific channel, i also get the black screen with just sound until i change channels and/or switch of the box. Ridiculous. I can't believe i went with them instead of sky......they are such f**kwits I should have known better...all this crap just for c4 + utv....we are fools !!!

The tv4 thing explains it, but i have never even had info on the different packages. basically got told, pay this get the basic, extra for sports, extra for movies.....what about the ppv stuff? no channel for that. christ i don't even have the "how to use your remote control" training channel that my mate does...do i need to pay for that too?? :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

Originally posted by Glitz
    wel, at least you HAD channels las nite/yesterday!!! mine were gone since yesterday at 3 and still nuting 2day!!! hello!! you try ringing them and theres no answer.....what kinda business is that ment to b i ask you

You should get your keyboard fixed. A load of letters appear to be missing from your post. :rolleyes:

Maybe the keyboard was supplied by Chorus :)

• Advertisement

i don't even have the "how to use your remote control" training channel

That's a genuine shame- it's hilarious! "....new and exciting services soon to be implemented including email and internet browsing.....":eek:

You normally access it by pressing the 'big white Chorus button' in the middle of the remote.

I'd be more impressed with a "How to sign up for Sky Digital" training infomercial. It'd certainly be of more use to their dwindling customer base as we see sense and ditch Clownus. Only 6 more months to go.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Glitz

Maybe the keyboard was supplied by Chorus

per chance it was.....

Yep, if they could just get
    new and exciting services soon to be implemented including email and internet browsing

yep if only they could get the ability to view the tv channels right then they might have a chance!!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Originally posted by ozpass
    This needs to be in the "Cable / MMDS / Broadband" board (I'm certain one of our friendly mods will move it).

Of course!

Thread moved to the Cable/MMDS/Broadband forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

we have sky as well as chorus analog cable.

on the chorus, usually (about once every 2 days) theres a sky digibox epg on one of the channels. who ever is controlling it keeps typing in the epg number (106 for sky one etc..) and it doesnt work. and they just keep doing it.

then we often see a chorus digibox epg with someone changing the channels. we even had fox kids instead of tv3 for a few days a while ago.

chorus = muppets.

• Advertisement

Aw man, that's hilarious!

What next? Discovery channel disappears because the engineer's wife wants to watch Coronation Street!

This crowd (amongst others) are making Ireland look bad. Something should be done about it.:mad:

Indeed they are.

It is hard to believe they could provide such a ****e service after such a length of time. How hard is it also to get people on the end of a phone who know what they are talking about? I mean it is unreal.

Incompetence and Indifference must be the two skills they look for when advertising for a chorus employee.

Unbelievable.

9 months to go till i can get rid of the feckers...9 months....how many outages is that?

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

you can terminate the contract as soon as the small claims court finds for you and finds that chorus broke the contract first.

plus the small claims will give ya a few yoyos for all the aggro.

M

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

just threatening them with the Small Claims court will be enough to terminate the contract. They'll know very well that they haven't a leg to stand on and cave in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 KCASEY

I was lucky in the first year of CHORUS where reception was relatively consisten - I have had problems since September and been getting no joy from this shower of w"!$"£ers.... - I got the Airport Radar story also !! - I used to work in pirate radio on transmission and we had sites near the airport and never had a problem like this !! - Sounds to me like wrong choice of technology and transmitter site if the Airport can just blow them away !!!!

My wife want to take them to the Advertising Standards Authority for false advertising !

Anyway I ditched them last Saturday - I can live without UTV and C4 as long as I have a signal and so I am joing the Sky bandwagon !!!

Just ditch them - Don't wait as there is no need - The more people that ditch them the better - When they have gone out of business there will be no one to sue you for terminating a contract where they do not live up to their portion of it !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Chorus are too disorganised to send someone to the Small Claims Court so all you have to do is

Write out the Claim on the Form you get in the Court (the facts about the service breakdowns + what redress you are asking for including a 'determination' of the contract)

Go to court and pay €10 , wait 2 weeks.

In to court for for natter (with admin person and not a judge), no Chorus, you win.

Letter arrives about 2 weeks later.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭Mark_irl

check the small print in youre contract, with Ntl it states that if they raise there prices within the 12 months, the customer may cancel there subscription within the 12 month period.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 multichnl

Hello all,
    There is something you can do.
    E-mail your complaintaints to the ODTR office for Telecommunications regulation. Now called COMREG. link: www.odtr.ie still works.
    The ODTR is currently monitoring cable opperators and will act to enforce compliance with the licence they have been awarded.
    But you need to write.....

Heh!

The last time I complained about Chorus to the ODTR I received a reply that began:

Thank you for your recent complaint about Eircom

It's on this board, about 5 months back if you can be bothered trawling for it.

Imbeciles regulating cretins. What exciting times we live in.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Pat Gleeson

It appears to me that the only reasons that these cretins are still in business are:

1. No UTV / C4 on Sky
    2. People stuck with C****s have no choice.
    3. Blue rinse brigade (..ah sure, it'll do me..what more do I want ?)

I got rid of C****s soon as Sky became available in Ireland, paid for my Digibox, and pay top dollar now, and worth it..you get what you pay for.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Last time I had problems with NTL customer service (I was without cable for over 2 weeks), I mentioned in my final e-mail that unless somebody picked up a phone and spoke to me about the situation (they had promised that the area manager would call me) that I would refer my complaint with all the correspondence to the ODTR (now ComReg). FIVE MINUTES after I sent the e-mail I got a call saying that they would be out Saturday morning! Seems like they don't like too many complaints going along to ComReg to sit alond side all the broken promises!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 ACE OwNz J0oO!!

With chorus on the eurosport channel in the morning we get Nic.Jr and at night we get Bravo. Thankfully soon we are getting sky digital and giving chorus and their s*** reception the boot!!!! :) down with chorus!!!!

Advertisement