Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Command & Conqure : Tiberian Sun

Options
  • 16-08-1999 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭

For any1 who dosn't know, it's out on friday the 27th of this month

Soon you will call me MASTER

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Helv

[This message has been edited by Helv (edited 18-08-99).]

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

For a fan of the C&C series i have to say im very disapointed with the look of TS.The gfx look very dated and the ai is not supposed to be the best either.

Ven(go wan the nod)om

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Tib Sun is out now here. They have two versions

Normal: $37
    Special: $47

Normal is just the game. The Special version also has a sound track of Tib Sun, A special edition instruction manual, a pewter action figure, a fancier box.

The only thing I noticed on it is a message saying "Not to be sold outside the US" on the special edition one.

Dunno what the difference in the game is. The gfx look a little better then what I remember (map terriain is more 3D now) and the game will run on a low spec machine (P2 166 32MB Ram).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

read a review of it in pc zone, it got 90%. the terrain looks a hellofa lot better, plus they mentioned no probs with the AI.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

TS had better be good smile.gif

i've been waiting 3 years...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

I'm willing to bet it ain't as good as Total Annihilation which is 2 years old now.
    Hows that for a blind prediction.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Gyck

I love TA, but I'm still dying to check out TS...

...pity there seems to be no 3D h/w support (or am I wrong??)

Dunno haven't played it yet smile.gif Just looked at the intro.

One thing though for you happy little warez heads. The game has a Reg code, and the game checks to see if it can get an internet connection and then sends the reg code off to somewhere. It was so subtle I almost didn't notice it.

Prolly like HL where it boots off people with the same code.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Helv

Oooooooh, its out today, YaY.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

You must play this game! Its refreshing after TA

• Advertisement

Weaheeey! It works in NT, lunch time LAN's galore!

smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Hobbes: I think the special edition box is the same one they gave to the people who pre-ordered the game, way back when it was first due to be released. Delays and setbacks meant it was released much later and to reward the peeps who kept their order in, as in didn't get ****ed off and cancel, they sold them the 'platinum edition'. Forget where I read this, some online review site....

J.

PS. game looks cool...

GAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! It says in the manual tthat it will work in NT(sp3) but it won't with SP5. Another reason to set up dual boot machine, me thinks!!! The game is better than Red Alert, the garphics are amazaning smooth even on a very low spec. machine. Maybe thats my TNT but it will run on a 133.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

The units look like cartoon characters and the transports fly like magic carpets. (you'll know what I mean when u see it)

I'm only on level 2 NOD, but the gfx is nice, the outtakes are cool as well.

As for the game, it just seems like C&C as I remember. Except it is showing some intelligence (but not much) They said that just building a massive army and throwing it at the enemy doesn't work... but it does smile.gif

One thing I noticed! the longer your troops survive, they get promoted and become stronger.

Jump jet infantary, when they get promoted to a star, they'll take off when fighting ground units and stay grounded when fighting anti air defences. Is Kane really back after his "crushing" defeat in the original or is it......Nah I can't spoil it for yeh. The Ion storm missions are damn tasty. namely the first GDI one. Has anyone been able to get a decent ping on westwood yet??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Nitro-G

Im not too impressed with C&C TS, its been in the works too long, you would think that they would try and make it a little better :/

Ahh well, always other games coming out soon

This is exactly what I've been waiting for, granted the unit graphics could have been better but the single player levels are brill' and some of the multi-player levels have been revamped from red alert. You even get to see some old RA units later on.

Tis a great game!

Soon you will call me MASTER

• Registered Users Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Lord Khan

TS is more like an expensive patch than a whole new game, The level order is pratically the same as in Red Alert the units are pretty unimaginative ( heck a few more units wouldn't have hurt don't mean 150 more ) still No Intro what do Westwood have against putting intro's on the C&C series.

Granted the graphics are Nice ( still Dex-amawhachamacallit over some Polygons ) but A game sold purely on graphics is just microcosm ( one of the first CD rom games , Whole new meaning to burning CD's )

Advertisement