Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Top Of The Pops 2 - Craig David

• 02-12-2002 2:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone see this last week, he was doing an acousitc R & B version of The Beatles - Come Together

To say its was bad is an understatement. In fact i wanted to kill him there and then for destroying this masterpiece.

He put the icing on the cake by adding in P Diddys "bad boy for life" during the extended instrumental at the end.

"we aint going nowhere.........."

Fúck Sake, was single handely the worst cover type thing of The Beatles i`ve ever heard.

in short CRAIG DAVID sux, wiv his ghey facial hair.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Caesar_Bojangle

bazH, i ask you this "whats ya flava?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

it was fairly bad all right. why don't they leave TOTP2 for the good bands/singers and leave all the the bull**** on TOTP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Originally posted by Mossy Monk
    it was fairly bad all right. why don't they leave TOTP2 for the good bands/singers and leave all the the bull**** on TOTP
    TOTP1 isnt long enough for all the cr*p mainstream music nowadays so they squeeze some into TOTP2 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

Craig David absolutely killed a U2 song at 1 of the MTV awards last year or the year before.
    Have to say he's gorgeous (without the marker lines on his jaw!!) but he shouldn't be let near classic songs. Will Young is another example... look at what he did to "Light my Fire"!! And Gareth Gates.. etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭JessieG

ahhhhhhhhhhh dont start me on garth gates and his pitiful excuse of an attempt at suspicious minds......my god if elvis was thin enough when he died he'd be rolling in his grave right now ...(that is if he really is dead?:confused: lol j/k)

but michael jackson did a version of Come Together on his HIStory
    album but then again he gets more royalities out of the beatles songs than the beatles do. All in all it wasnt too bad. but for criag david to even dare to think he could pull off somethign of such musical genius as that is completely off the wall. it makes about as much sence as cliff richard singing a britteny jingle....in other words IT JUST DAMN WRONG!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Originally posted by JessieG
    but michael jackson did a version of Come Together on his HIStory
    album but then again he gets more royalities out of the beatles songs than the beatles do.

I actually thought MJ done quite a decent version, twas the time when he was friendly with Sir Paul.

Oh and he doesnt own the rights to the beatles songs anymore, he sold a huge chunk of them to his record company to help pay off the massive debt he`s in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭johnnynolegs

this is true - and anyway craig david is a muppet

but who is the muppeteer behind the muppet craig david?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

In all fairness, if you watch TOTP2 then you deserve it! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Originally posted by Gordon
    In all fairness, if you watch TOTP2 then you deserve it! :p

I know it has some cringe moments, but at that time theres not much else on.

It sometimes produces old gems and some OGWT performances.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭JessieG

yeah i did actually like MJ's version and hahahahahah to him selling those rights,.....(love him but love Mac even more)

in the words of Avid Merrion " I'm one crazy mutha f*cker "

Advertisement