Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Esat ADSL

Options
  • 02-12-2002 7:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

I just rang Esat ADSL, as I had signed up for it on the adslnow site and they sent me an email back saying my line tested ok even though eircom said that my line had failed, but they failed to respond to my email which I sent them on Saturday.

They said that to apply for it I need to fill in the application form and send it back with my Eircom bill. The girl offered to fax it out or post it. I asked about downloading the form and was told that they just redesign it so it was not up on the web. I tried to explain that if they had it printed that they sure'll must be able to copy it to a web server, but to no avail.

Does any one happen to have a copy of the form that they could scan and post on the web?

If not when I get mine I'll put it up some where.

Another thing has anyone failed the Eircom ADSL test and gotten Esat ADSL or passed their test?

Regards

James

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Originally posted by Deu
    I

Does any one happen to have a copy of the form that they could scan and post on the web?

Another thing has anyone failed the Eircom ADSL test and gotten Esat ADSL or passed their test?

Regards

James

I have one here but as the person in Esat told you, it's been re-designed. The one I have is for business uses for leasing lines etc, I got this about a month ago.

As for line tests.....it's a completely different service to Eircoms....an exchange with Esat DSL may not have Eircoms service. Yer better off staying away from Eircom anyway! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

I tried really hard last week to sign up for the ESAT dsl product.

Monday 25/11/02 1030 Spoke to a guy in sales, gave him my details and was told he would phone me back within an hour....still waiting.

Monday 25/11/02 1230 Phoned back, got someone else, they told me that it takes 24hours to do whatever it is they do and doesn't know what he was talking about. She offered to take my details. I told her direct line and said I would give the first guy the benefit of the doubt.

Tuesday 26/11/02 1100ish Phone the girls direct line. Give her all my details again. She promises to call me back within 24 hours....still waiting.

Wednesday 27/11/02Really busy all day no time to phone.

Thursday 28/11/02Phone direct line. No answer, voice mail assures me she is in the office, no joy. Can she see my number? Is she avoiding me?

Friday 29/11/02Have resigned myself to the fact that I am not going to get dsl from Esat. I am f**king raging. Phone customer services to complain. I am given the name of the actual person I need to complain to (cool) I ask to be put through and am told no problem (tres cool) I get put through to the sales line. When I get a rep I ask for the person and am told that no person of that name works in sales. What then follows is 40 minutes of me getting f**ked around their phone system including at least 2 occasions when I gave the customer service rep my name and was immediatly cut off. Eventually I get through to a really helpful girl, at this stage I am beside myself with anger and let loose with some major venting. She is really nice and I feel bad, I say I'm sorry, I know it's not your fault but I am sooooooo annoyed. She understands completely, she will get to the bottom of it. She is going to find out who I need to talk to and call me back within half an hour. Guess what.....that's right.....still waiting.

Today 1 week later. What is the story? Is my money not good enough? Is anyone from Esat reading this? Do you inderstand the purpose of a sales department? It is to sell, this would be easier if your kept your promises and phone sales leads back.

As a result of the shoddy way in which I have been treated I will spend no more of my time trying to give Esat more money and furthermore I will be cancelling my phone service with them.

Sorry for the length of this but I had to get it down.

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by MrPudding
    furthermore I will be cancelling my phone service with them.

MrP

that should get them to ring you !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭zynaps

You'd almost think they only really gave a bollo about "business customers", eh?

If there's one thing I can't stand, and there's many things I can't stand, it's being shagged around on some faceless corporation's phone system (try ringing ntl...)

zynaps

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 3,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭LFCFan

Originally posted by zynaps
    (try ringing ntl...)

Wo Ho! That's the Mother of all Phone Call Rollercoasters! Remember to bring your sick bag.

• Advertisement
Advertisement