Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Budget 2003

Options
  • 02-12-2002 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭

i understand that Mr McCreevy has a very tough job this time of year however, the drink and tobacco prices in this counrty, especially in dublin are rediculous. Why oh why is he making lifes liitle luxuries out of reach of all but the wealthiest "trust fund children", im a student and can barley afford to go out anywhere in dublin at the moment. I was a Finna Fail voter, but next time. I dunno.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by Grimes
    Why oh why is he making lifes liitle luxuries out of reach
    Because treating the results of smoking and drinking cost a fortune.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Because he hasn't a ****ing clue how to balance the books? They don't call him Greedy McCreevy for nothing.

Maybe if Irish people would get off their asses and protest about massive increases in goods, something would happen.
    But then getting walked all over is in our nature.

I'm sure if he DID put a cap on the SSIA no one would do anything about it, except piss and moan in the papers for a week or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,404 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Can this thread be merged with http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&postid=662821#post662821 under the title Budget 2003?

Advertisement