Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Somthing that rules..

Options
  • 02-09-1999 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭

System Shock 2...oooo ahhh...nice, as good as half life smile.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Having played and completed both games,I have to say the ss2 is a far better game.This game is scary in a jump off your seat way.The plot twists are great.The various enemys in the game are so cool and really well designed.The gfx and level design are really well done.Game of the year for me so far.

Ven(remember citidel)om

• Registered Users Posts: 2,518 ✭✭✭Hecate

completed it already?

heh. Ive only played the first few levels so far and i'm well impressed, really well thought out interface and some nice touches in the detail department. Ie: the way your weapons sustain wear and tear....bravissimo, this is defo one of the best games of the year. Next to UT of course smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I agree, very scary redface.gif

I'm stuck on engineering though sad.gif Might have to restart the game as the place is swarming with maintance droids which turn Psi-Hackers into mush in seconds.

How do I get the turrets to shoot others?

really good atmosphere in the game. The physics engine is great, you actually feel like your holding a wrench, I mean it behaves like a wrench would in real life...or am i talkin ****e smile.gif

those zombies rule, what are they saying anyway?

Argh!!! I'm stuck in the Hydroponics lab. I can't find the last toxin Vial. Venom out me out here smile.gif seeing as you beat it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Spoonman

I hope you guys were playing it on the HARDEST setting. It's takeing me ages to complete but then I'd only play it a few hours a week.

Nope thee hardest. Game is hard enough as it is. I had to end up restarting from scratch as my orginal character was completly messed up in stats and had no hope of getting anywhere.

I'm now on recreation looking for paintings. Game is just brilliant. I love the non-linear way to the game and that you can go back to previous levels to recheck them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Hobbes,how did you mess up your stats? I have found that you need most of the skills maxed out bar the combat ones as only the standard skills and a few heavy skilss are worth getting.The other two are a waste of upgrades.

I built up the PSI and ran out of psi injections and couldn't hold a weapon and the hacking was so low level that I kept blowing nanites on the computer system. Just got to a point where they were too strong to continue.

I also nearly messed this character up as well smile.gif When you meet shodan, I actually managed to fall into the pit.

Ack!! Finally beat it. Not impressed with the ending or end sequence, way too short.

Shodan is a lot easier then her child. And the Many level... WOW... it's what Half life should of been like. Scary as hell.

The game is fantastic. smile.gif

• Advertisement

"the many are strong!" smile.gif)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Oh please, the last level sucked. Why is it that games that are so good for so long tank badly at the end. All the way thru SS2 I was thinking 'wow, this rocks, i hope they dont ruin it like Halflife by having the bloody stupid alien level at the end' lo and behold, theres a bloody stupid alien level at the end.

That bit with the Many brain and the three stars flying around it was utterly stupid. I mean hello?!?!? three stars??!??!? like wtf?!?!? oh i can really see how shooting three flying stars would enable you to take out the brain.

And that final punchup with SHODAN - NO NO NO NO NO NO!!! granted it wasnt as bad as the end of the first SS, but it was still lame, those Avatars she sent at you were the worst graphics in the game, plus if you didnt have 3 ICE-Picks to hack the consoles you were fu<ked. Still nice to see Citadel Station again smile.gif

All in all it was bloody good, but it went lame near the end, and the final FMV - that 'nah' jesus was that naff or what?? ooo Arnold fu<kin Schwarzenegger like smile.gif

Must try harder where game endings are concerned, Q2's ending was one of the worst ever as well.

Bonus points for them cyborg Midwives tho, they scared me bad - 'Little ones need meat to grow big and strong' or 'Please come back, I wont hurt you too badly' brrr smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Castor Troy (edited 16-09-99).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

[This message has been edited by Castor Troy (edited 16-09-99).]

Advertisement